Best 50" Netflix + 3D-Compatible Smart TV? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: High Definition Television including LCD and Plasma

Old 2012-04-01, 08:20 PM   #1
harrydude

Default Best 50" Netflix + 3D-Compatible Smart TV?

Hello all,

I'm looking for the best 50" Netflix and 3D compatible Smart TV. I would prefer it to be either Plasma or LED, and around $1,000 (or under, but I imagine any Smart TV under that price is simply not Netflix compatible).

Lots of karma to those who help out!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-02, 12:17 AM   #2
Wayne
Veteran

My personal opinion - don't pay too much extra for Netflix. An Apple TV is $110 and you can get a Roku device for much less. So I wouldn't pay much more than a $100 premium for Netflix built into the TV, especially since it may be unsupported in a few years and/or you don't know that Netflix will still be around.
Old 2012-04-02, 06:45 PM   #3
ChannelMaster

I totally agree with awayne on the long-term viability of investing top dollar in Netflix supporting hardware. However, strictly speaking, I own a 2010 Samsung PN58C7000 that is both smart and 3D and have yet to look back meaning that I'm quite pleased with it. I have it hooked up to the US Netflix while I keep a PS3 connected to the Canadian Netflix. The other nice thing about Samsung is that it supports a whole lot of MPEG4 variants with little to no network hickups.