DPP 33 switch setup help - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2012-03-29, 12:51 PM   #1
westernk

Default DPP 33 switch setup help

Hi guys i have a pretty simple setup but have a question before I buy a DPP 33 switch.

My current setup
I have 2 BELL model 6131 receivers......looking at sats 91 & 82
I have a DPP PLUS TWIN LNBF
2 wires from the LNB go into my house. 1 of those wires go directly to receiver #1 and the other wire goes to receiver #2

What I want to do
Add a third model 6131 receiver

My research tells me that a DPP 33 switch will do.
I understand that 3 wires will need to exit the DPP 33 switch and go to each of the 3 receivers but I am confused on what needs to go INTO the switch. For all 3 receivers to work I would think that only 1 wire from the LNBF needs to be connected to the LNB in port the DPP33 switch since sats 82 & 91 are already combined by the LNBF?

Thanks in advance
westernk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-29, 01:22 PM   #2
Pinza
Veteran

When you connect a switch you need BOTH lines, as the switch disables the internal switch in the LNBF. Each line becomes dedicated to one Sat.

I would strongly suggest a DPP44 as my experience with the DPP33 on Bell systems has been dreadful. I know retailers that actually swapped out all the DPP33's with 44's after customer complaints.

Have a look at the DPP44 Thread for more info but basically, BOTH lines from the LNBF, into the DPP44, then each output to a receiver. If you get a Dual Tuner Receiver you just add a DPP Separator behind the receiver to feed both Tuners.
Pinza is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-29, 01:26 PM   #3
westernk

Thanks Pinza it all makes sense now. This darn dpp44 costs around $200 in Canada! but I guess that's the only hassle free choice ha.
westernk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-29, 07:02 PM   #4
Pinza
Veteran

You should find one for around half of that amount.
Pinza is online now   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.