Halo Anniversary Thread - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2011-11-16, 11:09 AM   #1
WetCardboard

Default Halo Anniversary Thread

Picked this up yesterday and I had a blast last night playing up until Guilty Spark. It's amazing to see the difference in visuals plus the re-recorded audio is slightly different than the original and sounds awesome. I would find myself just stopping and listening to the music for a while every now and then. I expected the gameplay/controls to feel dated but it feels fine. I would have preferred a preset for the Reach controls, just because I have gotten used to them. Cutscenes are gorgeous too.

The 3D works well. After a while you kind of forget your using it but switch back to 2D and you'll notice a huge difference. I only had the 3D strength at about 30% since there is quite a bit of ghosting on the butt of the magnum otherwise which is distracting...oddly enough there doesn't seem to be crosstalk anywhere else even with the 3D at 100% though.

This game has aged very well...had a lot more fun playing this than Call of Duty that's for sure.
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-21, 03:34 PM   #2
Crazy88
Rookie

Do you know if it supports proper system link?