Is this too much to ask from you Eastlink? (Favourites) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > EastLink

Old 2012-03-05, 07:25 PM   #16
excatvdude

Location: Grande Prairie, AB 1x3400M, 1xDCX700, 1xSB5680 NW, Wii, PS3

Ihave a moto 3400 mrdvr and it is way past the 1985 version of the prevue guide. as I have said let's get the passport echo guide. I hate the prevue guide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-08, 10:40 AM   #17
Riplin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet View Post
Maybe they did.
By forcing you to see what programs you are missing by not subscribing to a particular package or channel; they can increase the potential of increasing your bill.
Yes Magnet, thats exactly what crossed my mind right away. Force you to see whats there and entice you to sub to new chans/pkgs.

If anything it annoys me even more to not sub to new stuff.
Old 2012-03-08, 02:53 PM   #18
denben73

Location: Eastlink - Timmins, ON; Maestro DVR w/ 4 terminals, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4

It would be nice to not have to go through them all, for me it's the Super Sports Pack that is a bit of a pain but I just tap "page down" a few times quickly and I'm by it. Not the biggest issue out there.

It would be neat to be able do it even if you had to hide each channel manually, provided it remembers the changes even after a power cycle.
Old 2013-04-21, 05:35 PM   #19
blacktop
Rookie

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I am experiencing the same aggravation as others. I just started trying a promo that Eastlink has on, as I am trying to determine if I want to leave Shaw Direct or not. However, after creating a favourites list, I was amazed that it doesn't work to MY advantage. I really don't like seeing "not subscribed" all the time, and all of the unnecessary button-pushing just to scroll through my channels is annoying as well. I'm not a guide-scanner...rather, I like to poke around and see what I come across as I scroll up & down. I have been unable to overcome this hurdle and it might be a deal-breaker for Eastlink as far as my becoming a permanent subscriber. I realize that they don't control this, so it must be a thorn in their side.

I received a DCX700M for the trial period. Are there any other receiver models that they have that are not saddled with this limitation?

thanks,
BT
Old 2013-04-21, 07:51 PM   #20
viperdiablo

I believe the only reciever from eastlink that you can block out unsubbed channels is the ultra home pvr. But this is only availale is select eastlink areas as of now.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:36 PM   #21
blacktop
Rookie

Okay, thanks for that reply. I'll give them a call and see if that receiver is available in my area. I'll check on the functionality too.
thanks again
BT