Odd installation issue - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2012-03-04, 04:19 PM   #1
WildPegasus

Default Odd installation issue

I recently tried setting up a dish connected to a 6131 receiver. I managed to get 82 but not 91. However it was pretty windy Friday night and I woke up Saturday morning to discover that I was now getting 91 but not 82. Just now I was going to check to see which LNIB was coming in but when I was about to do that the signal was lost when I opened the door. When I got the signal back, and I did it without touching the dish in any way, I got 82 back but not 91.

This is my setup....

I've got an elliptical dish on a tripod with slots for 3 LNIBs. The dish is on the deck just outside my back door and I have a flattened cable allows me to close the door with the cable beside it. Now either the flattened cable or the cables on either end of it are a little finicky and will lose the signal if the flattened cable gets touched.

Is it possible that this flattened cable has an issue that's causing me to get one satellite but not the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-04, 04:41 PM   #2
crs75
Rookie

Did you do a check switch? and if so what do u get?
Old 2012-03-04, 06:02 PM   #3
rudolph_007
Rookie

If your satellite dish has 2 individual LNB's feeding a switch 44, there is a good chance the power supply to the SW44 has been lost and is causing this issue.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:07 PM   #4
Pinza
Veteran

Most likely is that the 82 LNBF is hitting 91.

Use 1 LNBF directly wired to the Receiver, no switch at all.

When aimed correctly, providing that the skew is correct you should get signals on both birds.