DLC on new xbox - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2012-02-23, 08:17 PM   #1
Fordman

Default DLC on new xbox

Yesterday my 4 year old xbox became victim of the infamous Red Ring Of Death.
I have managed to bring it back to life but I don't know for how long. So I am considering purchasing the new slim xbox tommorrow. My question is.. a few weeks ago I purchased points to buy DLC for Gears of War 3 (actaully the GOW season pass) so once I am logged into my xbox account with my new xbox and insert GOW 3, will my DLC be automatically downloaded and update as it was on my old xbox? What I am trying to do is avoid buying an xbox hard drive transfer cable or trying to configure a usb flash drive to transfer the contents from the old to new xbox. As my game library is small i was able to save my game saves directly to xbox live so that is taken care of. My only concern is my DLC content that I have paid for. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-23, 08:21 PM   #2
DSgamby
Veteran

You will have to redownload it again but it will be free as long as you are logged into the same XBL account.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:04 PM   #3
Dioneo
Veteran

I think you will need to do the "recover gamertag" operation on the new console. After that your points and the record of all the DLC you have purchased will be attached to the new console. You will have to re-download everything of course.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:39 PM   #4
ineedcolor

Anything you've ever purchased/downloaded on live stays linked to your account.

I recently played a few matches of CoD:World at War and had to go back to re-download the map packs. Last time I played it was two Xbox's ago

John
Old 2012-02-24, 05:14 PM   #5
mark

You'll likely also need to transfer the content licenses as instructed here:

Xbox 360 Digital Rights Management
Old 2012-02-24, 07:26 PM   #6
Fordman

I have purchased a new 250gb Xbox slim. Not going to unpack it just yet and I have been reading that there are still alot of issues (Red Dot of Death). Still feel a little jilted as I don't think I got my moneys worth out of my old one. I am a casual gamer so there have been weeks, maybe months where it had never even been turned on and even when I did use it, it was usually on the weekend for maybe 2-3 hours.
Old 2012-02-27, 04:33 PM   #7
mark

I don't think you have anything to worry about with reliability of the new slim models as I find mine to be rock solid. It's also a lot quieter, uses less power and runs cooler than my old Elite that got the RROD and the refurbished replacement that Microsoft sent me.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:41 AM   #8
Steve604

if you only have a 2 bar rrod, its just an overheat issue likely caused dust in the heat sink
Old 2012-03-29, 05:53 PM   #9
j0dest3r
Veteran

What about if you have two Xboxes in the house, can you be authorized to play your DLC on two consoles, as long as you use the same account?

What about if it is a full game? User A purchases a full game on Xbox A. Then wants to play it on Xbox B but User B also wants to play it on Xbox B. With a disc based game this would not be an issue.