Can you believe this..? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-02-25, 09:17 PM   #1
viking5000

Default Can you believe this..?

Friday Feb 24:

I called the 1-866 number provided in the ad. I was informed that it was the wrong department, and I had to be transferred.

Once transferred, the customer service agent had not heard about the promotion, and when entering in the promotion code, it did not show. After a while the agent found the promotion and placed the order. I was told as part of the order, I would receive a free PVR extender and a Samsung tablet. I was told the technician would bring the PVR extender and provide info of how to claim the tablet. An appointment was made for Saturday between 11 AM and 2 PM.

I drove to a Rogers Plus store to return a rental PVR and pick up a HD terminal for the Whole Home service. The store clerk advised that technician would bring PVR extender.

Saturday Feb 25:

I see another ad for NextBox but it states different terms than what I had signed up for (6 months free PVR not 12 months). I go to Rogers online and ask for a Web based chat session. After holding for about 20 min, the agent arrives at the chat. The agent introduces herself and then I get a message saying "Agent has left the chat".

I reinitiate chat and wait for another 20 min. Turns out the ad I saw is different from what is offered in Ontario and my first deal was the current one.

2:45 PM (45 min after end of 11-2 window) no technician had showed and no phone call received. I called Rogers and was told the technician was delayed but en-route.

3:45 still no technician or phone call. I called back to Rogers and was told technician was delayed and no estimate could be given. I was told they would call me 15 min prior to arrival.

4:25 PM I receive a call, telling me the technician is outside of my house and I have to hurry or he will leave (I was out with dog). This was 2,5 hours after the end of the 3 hour window I was given,

4:30 Technician advised me that he has no PVR extender and that such is not stored in their warehouse. I call Rogers Customer service. The Customer Service agent has not heard about any NextBox. After direction your employee to Rogers Web site and walking her through the various promotions. She claimed I have to purchase a PVR in order to get the PVR extender. I argue that is not correct as it is stated otherwise in the ad. She realized that I did in fact qualify for the PVR extender, but told me I have to go to a Rogers Plus store and pick it up. I explained I was told the technician would bring it. She apologized but said I had to go to a store.

4:45 I call 3 Rogers Plus Stores - none has PVR Extenders in stock and can not advice when they will receive it.

6:00 Technician who is still at my house advice me that he cannot complete the installation since his work order instructs him to pick up a PVR. I explained that this was already returned the day before. After several calls it is determined that the clerk at the Rogers Plus store had not entered the return in the system.

6:10 Since no Rogers Plus stores have the extender in stock, I call back to Rogers Customer Service to inquire how I can get the box. Again the Customer Service Agent has no knowledge about any NextBox promotion. The agent does not know what a PVR extender is. Once again, for the third time in two days, I have to guide a Rogers Customer Service rep to Rogers' own Web site and their promotion packages, The customer service agent puts me on hold and talks to several departments. She suggests that I go to Future Shop and purchase a PVR extender. I explain that this is part of your promotion and that I would like to figure out how to obtain this item. She again puts me on hold. Once again she suggest I have to purchase the unit. Finally she realizes that it is part of the promotion (I guide her through the details).She then explains that I am not eligible for the offer. This is not correct - I am in fact eligible and this is confirmed already. At this point I am so frustrated, that I decide to hang up.

8:00 The contractor has to give up. He is not able to get the service working. He informs me that his Supervisor will call me Sunday so he can come by the house and look into the issue.

9:00 My family is going to watch a movie recorded. When turning on the PVR, all my recordings have been deleted !!!!! and the software has been downgraded to the old IPG. I call Technical Support, who informs me that my PVR has been reset and that Whole Home is not available yet. Apparently an appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday between 5 and 8 PM to install whole home PVR. I have not been informed about any deletions to find place. Neither have I been informed or asked about any Tuesday appointment.

I have no idea how to get an extender. No idea when the service will be fixed..

I figured out how to claim the Tablet - thanks to a Google search. This will take six weeks to fulfill (is Rogers sailing to China to get these? - six weeks really?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-25, 10:35 PM   #2
nfitz
Veteran

Based on my experiences with Rogers.

Yes, yes, I can believe this. (though quite frankly, they've been very good on the phone with me for the last 3-4 years ... but there were some real good incidents before that ...)