Rogers Unlimited plan - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers, Fido and Chatr Wireless

Old 2012-02-04, 11:13 AM   #1
spacyfoil

Default Rogers Unlimited plan

So I heard the commercial on radio. The Rogers Unlimited plan for only $34 something.

Well in my view the wireless phone's first and foremost job is making voice calls, Not text or pic or data.

This plan gives you mins I use in 1 day. Personally I find it false advertising. But I am sure legally they might be right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-04, 11:30 AM   #2
TorontoColin

I think they give you unlimited text and social networking? I agree that it's a sorry excuse for an "unlimited plan" and I think it's clearly only called that to try to compete with new entrants.

However, if all you need is unlimited talk, there are a lot of options. Wind Mobile, Mobilicity, Public Mobile, Chatr, Solo Mobile, Koodo, Virgin Mobile, and Fido all offer unlimited talk or talk and text, as long as you live within the regions in which they offer the plans. If you live in a rural area, you unfortunately don't get the same deals.
Old 2012-02-12, 12:49 PM   #3
iLancer
Rookie

The $32 + GRRF ($2.35 in ON) plan includes 200 Weekday Minutes, 6pm Early Evenings and Weekends, my10 Canada Wide, and Unlimited Messaging with no activation fee. There is a $99.99 BlackBerry 9300 deal on monthly term. Also, right now all in-market plans with any term can get 1 year of unlimited incoming local calls. There's a $30 6gb addon for Smartphones ($72 + GRRF) right now however it is only available for a limited time on a 3 year term ... There are also "Ultimate" family plans that include unlimited local calling and messaging for 2 lines, $94.70 voice / $139.70 with 2gb data. Additional lines are $27.34/$37.35. With 5 lines this works out to $176.72 / 5 = $35.34/line for voice and messaging and $251.75 / 5 = $50.35/line for voice and data. You can add $10 per line for unlimited canada-wide calling. You could do the voice and messaging and add $30 6gb to each line as well.
Old 2012-02-21, 01:14 PM   #4
spacyfoil

In other words really Nothing is Unlimited.

Whatever you choose please Add $ $ $.

Btw iLancer Cool User Id :-)

I am moving from Fido to WindMobile next week.

$40 will get me VOICE, TEXT, DATA...........

Can't get more simple than that. Plus I know what my expenses are on phone EXACTLY every month. No surprises.

Also my dad already has been using it for 1 year, and I have borrowed it to see signal and connection quality. I called Fido to see if they would match the offer and only thing they pitch is Wind has bad connection.

I wonder how long they will try that ?