Pioneer SC-55 Network Issues - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner > A/V Receivers and Amplifiers

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-02-16, 08:50 PM   #1
Sylvain

Unhappy Pioneer SC-55 Network Issues

It seems that my brand new SC-55 AVR is forgetting its network connection after a while. I thought I would change the IP address from DHCP to a fixed address but the AVR hangs when I try to do that. That requires a MASTER RESET of the receiver and it comes with loss of all connections setup, MCACC data and even radio channel settings. That's a major pain and it happened twice so far (in about a week). Would anyone have a smart solution?
Sylvain is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-18, 04:49 PM   #2
toofart

Check your DHCP server's settings to make sure the lease time is at least one day .. heck, on a home network, crank it up to one week. And make sure you have allotted anough addresses in the range.
toofart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-19, 07:08 PM   #3
Sylvain

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofart View Post
Check your DHCP server's settings to make sure the lease time is at least one day .. heck, on a home network, crank it up to one week. And make sure you have allotted anough addresses in the range.
Thanks toofart. I could not find my DHCP setting for lease time but the allotted addresses go from 192.1.168.100 to .254; I don't think that was an issue. It's the AVR that forgets that it is on a network. After the last reset, I was able to give it a fixed address (outside of the DHCP range) and it has been holding for a few days now... I hope that will work forever.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:26 PM   #4
Sylvain

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
It's the AVR that forgets that it is on a network. After the last reset, I was able to give it a fixed address (outside of the DHCP range) and it has been holding for a few days now... I hope that will work forever.
Weill, it worked until today (March 11, 2013). I guess I will be stuck with another full reset and another complete speaker setup. I wish those Pioneers were more reliable. BTW, I had the same problem happen to me with video output; I had to perform a reset to get video output back a few weeks ago. This is very disappointing...
Old 2013-03-12, 07:54 AM   #5
vmpv

I have a SC-57 that loses network connectivity sometimes but just pulling the plug and plugging it back in fixes it for me without losing all the settings. I have it set up with a static IP but really suspect the problem is with my network. Good point about the lease time. Will have to check that out. Is you firmware at the current level? My bigger problem is that when running a SC-25 off it as zone 2, the sc-25 will lose signal sometimes even though they are hardwired as zones. It is a bit annoying but I can live with it.
vmpv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-03-13, 09:09 PM   #6
Sylvain

Unplug and plug back in? That's easy enough; I will try it the next time it happens.
I don't think the issue is with my network though since my SC-55 is the only device with that problem... I have upgraded to the latest firmware (and realized that the Internet check never finds any update).
Thanks.
Old 2013-06-20, 08:19 PM   #7
wealthyfriends

I am having the same issues with my Pioneer VSX926K disconnecting from the network within an hour, i.e. if I turn iTunes (Airplay) off and come back in an hour the receiver is no longer in my network. Disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable usually fixes it but I usually have to do it 2-3 times to fix it. I am also looking for another solution. There's got to be more of us out there that have experienced this problem and were able to solve it?
wealthyfriends is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-06-21, 08:18 AM   #8
vmpv

wealthyfriends, have you set up a static IP address? That would be the first step I would try.
vmpv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-06-22, 07:37 PM   #9
wealthyfriends

Yes, I had tried that before I posted. Today the receiver isn't even being recognized on the network, even after rebooting the gateway.
wealthyfriends is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-06-22, 08:07 PM   #10
XM4243

Curious. If you go into the LAN section of your routers admin panel, does the receiver show up?
XM4243 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-06-23, 09:59 AM   #11
Sylvain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthyfriends View Post
I am having the same issues with my Pioneer VSX926K disconnecting from the network within an hour, i.e. if I turn iTunes (Airplay) off and come back in an hour the receiver is no longer in my network. Disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable usually fixes it but I usually have to do it 2-3 times to fix it. I am also looking for another solution. There's got to be more of us out there that have experienced this problem and were able to solve it?
Did you try unplugging the receiver power as suggested to me?
Old 2013-12-03, 07:04 PM   #12
BrianDimarco
Rookie

Instead of putting a static ip address in the VSX926K configure your router to assign a static ip address to the VSX926K. That way you can keep default/DHCP settings in the VSX926K . Each time it resets the router will assign the same Ip address. I always use this method to assign static IP addresses. The advantage is that I only have to manage the router instead of each individual device.

Make sure you backup your router config so that if it ever loses its marbles you can restore from your backup. if you need help to assign static ip addresses from your router send me the make/model and I will send you detailed instructions how to do it.

Brian.
BrianDimarco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-12-04, 07:20 PM   #13
Sylvain

I had not thought about that. Thanks Brian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.