No CBC Ontario in Winnipeg - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2011-11-07, 09:11 PM   #16
BBCAN

Its official - switched to MTS tonight....

I still think its Shaw's issue.. OK CBC isn't blame free either. Why couldn't Shaw just add CBC Winnipeg as did MTS... Typical Shaw fashion, we will give you this Channel, but we will be taking this one back.

This sparked me to look into what MTS has available, channel, price, etc.

MTS was willing to work with me, and I am getting CI reduced since I will loose it when I move from Shaw.

I'm not saying MTS is perfect, but after 10 years of Quality and Service issue with Shaw its time to give MTS a try... not to mention a 3 Hour wait time when calling Shaw customer service and a 10 Min wait from MTS....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-11-09, 12:26 AM   #17
99elwpg
Rookie

I am another unhappy Leafs fan in Winnipeg after Shaw switched the HD feed. I contacted shaw and they "put in a request" to have CBC toronto added to the lineup. I notice that shaw has 5 CTV time shifts in their SD package, and only 1 CBC time shift.

As for the comment that it doesn't make sense to add the channel just for different programming on one night a week, I tend to agree. However, why couldn't shaw show EVERY HNIC game that is airing on one of their sports channels in the 300s??
Old 2011-11-09, 09:04 AM   #18
DSgamby
Veteran

At least Winnipeg gets a Timeshift CBC channel. Thunder Bay doesn't have any. We just have one CBC channel and it is CBC Thunder Bay.
Old 2012-02-07, 06:26 PM   #19
PsychoJason

On my box in Winnipeg, I see that they have changed channel 79 from CBC Ottawa to CBC Toronto. Obviously Jets related, Leafs fans can now have their Saturday night hockey back...