Sirius Canada Renewal - What I got - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2011-12-11, 03:30 PM   #46
brettski

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvnut View Post
I just got my bill yesterday which is $164.89 for one year. It includes Sirius in my vechicle and a Stiletto which I use in the boat and a boombox.

They are offering a savings of $75.00 to upgrade, when I renew for three years.

I've been paying for one year at a time without questioning for more than five years. Are they reasonable with their charges or should I complain?
Your offer is exactly what I was offered before I phoned to cancel. As you can see from my post above yours - when I phoned in I accepted an offer of $99.74 (everything included) for 12 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-06, 10:01 PM   #47
polar_mb
Rookie

I had cancelled my two year service with Sirius at the end of November and at the time I cancelled no deals were available, so I said forget it. For the whole month of December, Sirius phoned my house and sent out letters asking me to rejoin them as a listener. For whatever reason, my radio didn't shut off until Dec. 28, so I wasn't going to bother with them until it finally shut off.

Tonight, after receiving my 8th phone call from a rep, I finally listened to what he had to say, and he gave me 3 different offers:

The first was 4 months for the price of 3 months. I said no before he could even explain.
The second was for a year at $167 with taxes. I said no.
The third was half off a year for 106.78 with taxes. I accepted. (I'm in Manitoba)

The rep also waived the reactivation fee after speaking to his supervisor

So I guess if you don't want to phone to find a deal if you have Sirius already, ignoring all their requests will have them eventually come to you with all their hidden offers...
Old 2012-01-14, 10:11 AM   #48
candle66
Rookie

Default Just renewed Jan 14 2012

Just renewed for 1 yr Sirius
1 Year in Ford Escape
1 Year boom boom box for cottage

Was due to expire tomorrow

They charged me a total of CAD $177 for both radios

Could not get them to commit to 2 yr deal for $360

Stil both radios for $177 very happy with

Good Luck
Old 2012-01-14, 03:05 PM   #49
ChannelMaster

Cool to read the latest updates to this thread. So here's where I stand.

I have been a Sirius subscriber since December 2005 (one month before the Stern onslaught) and had been an XM sub since 2002. I have since canceled XM in 2009 as there's little sense in keeping both sides alive with all the simultaneous channels.

And so my yearly renewal was coming up on January 12th of this year and I had no plans to keep the Stiletto going since I only listen online to stuff like (Spectrum, Bridge, Alt Nation) on a Logitech Squeezebox.

So I called January 10th and asked for cancelation at which point the CSR took a good long look at my american account (put me on hold forever, could hear him chitchat with his co-worker or supervisor) just to be sent to Customer Retention. So when I got to Retention (note that I had some of my own at that point...), I asked how much it would cost for internet Radio alone and was told a monthly rate of 12.95$ Say what?

I said no way, so he ended up bundling me internet and satellite for 117$ exactly for a year. Turns out it's now cheaper to have Sirius both ways than sat or internet alone!!! My next move is to travel to los Estados Unidos and try the Lynx and see if it's worth replacing my poor little Stiletto whose antenna seems to loose sensitivity after a while (I'm on my third)!!!
Old 2012-01-20, 08:36 PM   #50
intravino

Default one yaer promo

I got $ 100.26 taxes included for a year.

They tried me with $ 150.00 and I said no, then agreed to $ 100.26.
Old 2012-01-23, 01:20 PM   #51
Neild
Veteran

As a long time subscriber and daily listener, I recently got tired of enduring overcharges and service messups by Sirius. So I let my subscription lapse a couple of months ago.

At the time I wondered if I'd miss having the service, and if I'd find myself calling them back trying to get back on. I wondered what $/month offer they could extend that would actual tempt me to re-subscribe.

Since then though I haven't missed it that much. I load my own USB key with content for the car, and now I don't have to deal with the poor Sirius audio quality or dropouts.

In the home, I've found there's many online streaming alternatives.

I no longer have to bite my tongue while Sirius pretends that "activation" is somehow an actual task that justifies any sort of payment.

I no longer have to consider whether the royalty tax I pay on satellite is double dipping for the media tax I also pay for optical discs which I use for backing up my own data.

I no longer have to wonder how a channel have such a limited selection of music that I'm hearing constant song repeats.

I no longer have to be surprised when my pre-paid 6 month subscription stops working after 4 months.

I no longer log into Sirius online and find that many of the channels I'm paying for are blocked over the internet.

I haven't experienced the irritation of a Sirius rep lying and saying nobody else is getting a discount and everyone else is happily paying full inflated rates and fees.

I no longer have to play the dial, wait, talk, redial, wait, talk game to try and eventually find a reasonable rep.

If anyone else is getting tired of all this, I might suggest taking a break from Sirius and see how much you actually do miss it.
Old 2012-02-03, 12:48 PM   #52
canlabman

I just renewed for one year for $106.78 all in. Talked with a super friendly customer service representative. $8.90 per month is a pretty good deal in my opinion. He even said call in next year for the same deal. I'm satisfied.
Old 2012-02-03, 03:55 PM   #53
rapsap08
Rookie

^Got exactly the same deal as above - thanks for the tip. Was offered right away when I said I don't see the value and would like to cancel. Subscriber since 12/2008. Mentioned as well to call in next year to see what they can do - same deal or even better if there is one at that time - very friendly.
Old 2012-02-07, 10:38 AM   #54
DaDD

My renewal came, up in March, 164.89 +tx. I negotiated 89.83 incl tx last year.
I got the same offer 106 incl tx. I had 25 in credit sitting there from calling about poor auto reception after they did their channel realignment last year. That never really improved. But I found myself streaming the signal more in home through various sound systems via my iphone. So I renewed again, total with the existing credit plus credit for the four weeks left on the current year was 74.90 incl tx. That's all I think the service is really worth and if I wasn't streaming in home, I don't think I would have renewed at all. Looks like they are cutting corners by reducing bandwidth, so the audio quality is not what it was when I first subscribed two years ago.
Old 2012-02-07, 01:27 PM   #55
ChannelMaster

DaDD I totally agree with you. Like I wrote earlier, If it weren't for the online stream which I listen to all day long at work, the satellite feed alone would not be worth a dime. To me, it's a wonder how 20 million people can go along with this in this day and age.
Old 2012-02-07, 11:38 PM   #56
cdn_tbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDD View Post
...if I wasn't streaming in home, I don't think I would have renewed at all.
DaDD, we told Sirus to take a hike last Nov. My wife was concerned since she works from home and used to stream it all day long. I set her up with a free Slacker Radio account to see what she thought of it. She absolutely loves it and doesn't regret giving Sirus the heave ho. I've installed the app on her phone too, so the odd time she's out and wants to listen to it, she has it.

Give it or another internet based radio service a try, you might be surprised.
Old 2012-02-10, 07:44 PM   #57
DaDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_tbird View Post
DaDD, we told Sirus to take a hike last Nov. My wife was concerned since she works from home and used to stream it all day long. I set her up with a free Slacker Radio account to see what she thought of it. She absolutely loves it and doesn't regret giving Sirus the heave ho. I've installed the app on her phone too, so the odd time she's out and wants to listen to it, she has it.

Give it or another internet based radio service a try, you might be surprised.
I have to admit I got hooked on their Jazz programing, so I really wanted to renew. It was really easy to get the rate cut in half this time compared to last year. I had to cancel and then wait a few weeks for the begging to come back to start. Ended up getting it at half price. They must be hurting this year.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:14 PM   #58
cdn_tbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDD View Post
I have to admit I got hooked on their Jazz programing, so I really wanted to renew. It was really easy to get the rate cut in half this time compared to last year.
Ah, but that's the beauty of Internet radio services such as Slacker. My wife & I are big Jazz & Blues fans and why we were with Sirius for as long as we were.

Not only does Slacker have more stations (8 Jazz & 3 Blues) with longer playlists than any of the Sirus channels, they also let you setup your own custom stations as well. On the Slacker free version, your custom stations play the artists you choose the majority of the time, but throw in some random artists as well. Great way to discover new artists.

Give Slacker a try, you may be surprised like we were.
Old 2012-02-13, 01:16 PM   #59
DaDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_tbird View Post
Ah, but that's the beauty of Internet radio services such as Slacker. My wife & I are big Jazz & Blues fans and why we were with Sirius for as long as we were.

Not only does Slacker have more stations (8 Jazz & 3 Blues) with longer playlists than any of the Sirus channels, they also let you setup your own custom stations as well. On the Slacker free version, your custom stations play the artists you choose the majority of the time, but throw in some random artists as well. Great way to discover new artists.

Give Slacker a try, you may be surprised like we were.
Thanks for the tip. I've used Tunein Radio (free) as a supplement to Sirius at home. It basically is a front end for countless online web based broadcasts. Not bad, but the quality varies from station to station. Works on both my iphone and Hp touchpad. Dozens of jazz stations. I did setup a free Slacker account and got it working on all devices. Not bad, good quality feed. Seems more like a cd playing service then traditional radio. They restrict access to certain songs/albums unless you pay. I kind of miss the dj's though. I like that about Sirius, plus the live concerts, festivals, etc.
Still a good find to add to my choices. Thanks.
Old 2012-02-23, 11:50 AM   #60
Davee

Smile Year renewal

Phoned ahead of end of subscription ( Mar 8) 1'st agent told i would not pay full rate
Pushed on to rentention Took 10 minutes this far . Said I want the same rate or better than the recent all in 106.78 No issue She looked up & recognized I got $89+ rate last year & came back with $103.61 all in . So I went ahead
Took 23 minutes!