US Nets but Canadian Versions? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Television Industry / Channels and Providers

Digital Home Helpful Information

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-03, 08:53 AM   #1
MCIBUS
Veteran

Default US Nets but Canadian Versions?

Is just me or has anyone else noticed in the last little while US Nets have partnered with Canada broadcasters to bring the nets into Canada?

True its a Canadian Version with some Canadian Content but in most cases its the US programing?

IE

HBO Canada Here
F/X US now F/X Canada
ABC Spark coming in March
Cartoon Network /Adult Swim coming TBA

just to name a few.

Something tells me we're going to see alot of this.

And why?

Programing Rights/Exclusives.

If a Canadian Broadcasters launches a Canadian Version of a US channel and strikes a deal with so said channels getting exclusive rights to that programing the only way you'll get to see that is either subbing to that channel in Canada or get a US service like Dish or Direct.

True you can get via the web and such, but thats a hassle trying to download it via your computer, while its just simpler viewing on TV.

But then again I'm not that computer friendly so I prefer the TV way more.

Last edited by MCIBUS; 2012-02-03 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Correct two networks should be one- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.