who makes a really good ear bud or light headphones for iphone - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Portable Electronics: Digital Cameras, Camcorders, ebook Readers, iPods, MP3 Players and GPS

Old 2012-01-30, 05:41 PM   #16
PokerChip
Veteran

Look at Bose. I'm usually not a huge fan of their products, but after owning and trying high end headphones for the past 8-9 years, I own the mie2i for ear buds and the QuietComfort15 with active noise cancellation for over-the-ear applications. Love them both.
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-30, 06:03 PM   #17
Coop

Quote:
I'm a fan of the Shure SE Sound Isolating Earphones. Yes, they are pricey, but I haven't found anything I prefer over them. Once you get used to how they fit, you can wear them for hours at a time.
I have to agree, I got some Dr Dre's for xmass and my 5 year old Shure's blow them away. Buy hey you do get what you pay for.
Old 2012-01-30, 07:26 PM   #18
TECHNOKID
Veteran

Default Has anyone considered Polk audio for their headphones?

http://www.polkaudio.com/headphones/...t/ultrafit3000

http://www.polkaudio.com/headphones/ultrafocus/

Not sure if they are widely spread in the B&M store yet but you can get a good idea of what is avaible by taking a glance at crutchfield or looking for a dealer in your specific area; http://www.polkaudio.com/dealerlocator/index_canada.php Just enter your postal code, desired distance and select headphones in series...
Old 2012-01-31, 10:27 AM   #19
Deezeex

I'm not knocking any brands, but looking at the Polk site made me chuckle. Why would a professional athlete's choice of earphone be a deciding factor when considering this type purchase? I would be more inclined to follow the recommendations of a professional musician or audio engineer, unless of course, I was purchasing sporting goods.

The psychology of advertising...
Old 2012-01-31, 11:38 AM   #20
TECHNOKID
Veteran

Quote:
1. Why would a professional athlete's choice of earphone be a deciding factor when considering this type purchase? I would be 2. more inclined to follow the recommendations of a professional musician or audio engineer, unless of course, I was 3. purchasing sporting goods.
Hum, let's go over your statements above;

1. In your opinion, is there any chances athletes use such device (compact, on the go as athletes can not afford taking the full system on the/their run)?

2. Do you actually believe proffessional musicians or audio engineers to be the actual mass users of such devices? IE: in our field, our audio technicians do not use ear buds to monitor conferences but rather full quality headsets. I sure can not see an audio engineer using earphones/earbuds to master recordings, can you?

3. If a good majority of earbud users are actually using them for their fitness or sport activities, wouldn't make sense for a company to market them in this matter? Couldn't this be their "psychology of advertising/marketting"?
Old 2012-01-31, 06:00 PM   #21
Deezeex

1) That is a good point.
2) My intent was to focus on the sound quality issue, and not the "I want to be like Mike!" issue that so often happens with celebrity endorsements. Of course, professionals use headphones.
3) You are correct. Guess I'm not their target market.
Old 2012-01-31, 10:59 PM   #22
cooper83
Veteran

Quote:
Why would a professional athlete's choice of earphone be a deciding factor when considering this type purchase?
I'm definitely not disagreeing with you, because it's preposterous, but one of the main reasons Beats by Dre are so popular is because high-profile athletes are seen wearing them. Ochocinco just bought a pair for each of the Patriots players for the plane ride to Indianapolis!!
Old 2012-02-03, 12:12 PM   #23
hamstercaster

I'm using Monster little jams right now and they sound very good. A good buy if you can get them on sale. I got mine for $59.99 as they had forgotten to remove the boxing day price from the shelf ($69.99) and they had knock off an extra $10 as per pricing policy in Quebec ;-)
Old 2012-02-03, 06:17 PM   #24
ChannelMaster

Guys, I'm pretty much down and out when it comes to earbuds ever since I had to part ways with an expensive pair of Sony buds (I'm talking buds, not the kind you pluck deep in your ear canal).

And so last year I purchased a Senheiser MM450 headset. This thing is light, nd foldable and operates either through a mini-jack cable or over Bluetooth (my favorite). I would recommend it to any smartphone owner. It's cordless, has a relatively large battery for long durations with good noise canceling with the added bonus that if you keep a certain button pressed for 2 seconds, you get to carry the headphones and hear outside noises a bit sharper than without the thing on your head. I've found it useful while skating, I can talk to people without having to remove the headset.

And about Bose... Bbbrrrr. Bose headsets cannot fail if they're anything like the Soundock 10 I'm listening to right now. Now that's quality sound!
Old 2012-02-03, 07:18 PM   #25
TECHNOKID
Veteran

Generally speaking, Senheiser offer good headsets, can't go wrong...
Old 2012-02-17, 01:12 PM   #26
Atlantic Home Theatre

Klipsch S4i( apple products), very highly rated, got them for my daughter for Xmas, once the right size ear bud is selected they sound amazing, if you do not need the remote/mike on the cord get the S4. Check out the review on Cnet.
Old 2012-02-18, 12:51 PM   #27
Veee

A second vote for the Klipsch S4. Very good fit and sound. Much better than the crappy Shure earbuds I had.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:39 AM   #28
bscholes

skull candy...they are cheap and will be replaced for life....can't go wromg
Old 2012-03-02, 12:21 AM   #29
Steve604

I like skull candys too,
not the best, but great bang for your buck,

but klipsch or dr. dre 1's are good if you got a few bucks to spend
Old 2012-03-04, 11:31 AM   #30
Richard Travale

Location: Vancouver Island. Shaw cable.Sony 46V2500,DCT6416(w/TB Xpndr), PS3, Denon AVR2807, Paradigm spkrs.

I have the B&W M5 headphones and absolutely LOVE them. Worth an audition.