Internet radio station similar to the Boneyard ? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2011-11-24, 06:20 PM   #1
fireman

Default Internet radio station similar to the Boneyard ?

My free Sirius trial in my new car is running out in a few days. Of the whole lot, I only really listen to the Boneyard. At $10 + a month for just one station, I don't think I'm going to become a Sirius subscriber.

I am wondering if there are internet radio stations that are similar to the Boneyard ??? I already pay for a 6 GB data plan on my iPhone so I'd rather use my TuneIn Radio app to listen to a good internet radio station.

Any suggestions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-11-24, 09:28 PM   #2
painter

Try AccuRadio.com. Lots of different channels on there.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:59 PM   #3
ScaryBob
Veteran

live365 is another. It has ad supported stations and subscription plans. Slacker radio is also ad supported or subscription and a lot cheaper than SiriusXM for the basic subscription plan.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:32 AM   #4
metalhawk

Add another vote here for Slacker.com. You can either listen to their stations, or create your own. You can have the free account or there's a couple of levels you can upgrade to that allows listening to individual songs on demand and such.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:57 PM   #5
Danster

Funny you write about boneyard. In San Fransisco, there is a station that I listen to which is called 107.7 the Bone. Very good selections and they hve a Led Zepplin mini concert almost everyday. They are streaming on the net.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:00 PM   #6
hugh
Member #1

Also if you go into iTunes and look under Radio and you check under Hard/Rock and Metal you will find lots to choose from.
Old 2011-11-28, 09:19 PM   #7
greeniguana_01

Slacker sucks in Canada, they can't even play AC/DC or Metallica. Not worth a subscription imo.

Try hard rockin 80's or HDR's Big 80's metal station both are way better than Boneyard.
Old 2011-11-29, 12:52 AM   #8
metalhawk

I had not noticed Metallica not playing on Slacker. I guess the other 134 artists in my list makes up for it. I will be getting a VPN subscription soon (likely WiTopia) and will try it then...

edit: Actually, I remember hearing Whiskey In The Jar a week ago or so...
Old 2011-11-29, 04:58 PM   #9
fireman

Thanks guys for all the great suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't want ti use any other app than the TuneIn radio app so that limits me a bit but The Bone 107.7, HDRN - Big 80's Metal and Hard Rockin' 80's definitely look like they will fit the bill.

Keep the suggestions coming. The more, the merrier !!!
Old 2012-01-08, 08:24 PM   #10
SpitsFanSec108

Here's a terrestrial station that I listen to everyday from the motorcity,101 WRIF the RIFF.

www.wrif.com

They have a free app for your iphone,touch,android.Cool hard rocking with a funny morn show Drew&Mike and some cool jocks the rest of the day.

Like Meltdown,Screamin Scott,& Steve Black.

Best is its FREE !!!!!!

Tags
data plans, internet radio, iphone, iphone app, sirius canada