Change to Channel Line-up Coming - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-04-09, 05:26 PM   #1
Kenuck
Rookie

Location: Toronto, Bell IPTV, Denon 3600 w/ Definitive speakers, Apple TV, Panasonic Viera TH-58PZ750U, iMac
Default Change to Channel Line-up Coming

Received an email this evening. The change is coming April 19 and won't impact your PVR settings according to the email and link. Email was titled "We're Making Room for More HD". I have extracted the key bits.
On April 19th, we will be making a number of channel adjustments to make sure we have enough room to bring you even more exciting HD programming in the future.

• Select channels are moving to a new number
• Our entire HD channel lineup is moving to a new location — simply add 1000 to the existing standard definition channel to find them
• Audio channels are moving from the 1000s to the 900s

No need to worry about reprogramming your PVR. Any recording you've set will automatically be updated with the new channel numbers.

In theory, I really like this idea for HD channels. Grouping them in the 800s always meant you might run out of room. Now TSN HD will be on 1400; there will always be a slot for the HD channel in the guide. Now we just need more HD channels.

Cheers,
Ken

Link below was in the email "TV - Channel re-numbering information".
http://www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvTv...00405_cb_on_en
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-04-09, 10:19 PM   #2
secotton

Default Re: Change to Channel Line-up Coming

YAY! I got the email too.

I just hope they get SPEED and Golf HD placed into the linup soon. That'll lock me in for good with this service. It seems they arestarting to align the channel linup with that of Bell TV (ExpressVu). Makes SO much sense to do as well to just add a 1 to the beginning of the channel for the HD version. In an ideal world, they'd have identical linups (Bell TV / Bell IPTV) to make it easy for the consumer to figure out what's what.

I'd also like to see HD of the time shifting feeds too. Hopefully soon.
Old 2010-04-19, 08:59 PM   #3
secotton

I guess this planned change was to commence on April 19th. My channel linup is still same as it's always been. Anyone out there had their channel linup change yet?
Old 2010-04-19, 09:18 PM   #4
topherpaquette

Location: Windsor, Ontario... Samsung LNT4053, PS3 Slim 120GB, Mac Mini HTPC

this has been reported over and over again on this site and is only for Bell iPTV!
Old 2010-04-19, 09:29 PM   #5
secotton

I know it's only for IPTV - which I have. I havn't seen my channel linup change yet though.
Old 2010-04-20, 06:56 PM   #6
Kenuck
Rookie

Location: Toronto, Bell IPTV, Denon 3600 w/ Definitive speakers, Apple TV, Panasonic Viera TH-58PZ750U, iMac

My lineup hasn't changed. I even received a notice as well confirming the original email. It also stated April 19. I am online with Tech Support right now and he was very surprised my channel line-up hasn't changed. Will post an update shortly.

Update #1: Definitely a problem. Rep is contacting Level 2 Tech Support to find out why it hasn't been updated.
Update #2: Apparently my box didn't receive the update. Support had me hold my power button for about 4 seconds and it rebooted, downloads the new software. After the Bell logo disappeared the screen was still black, but support just had me change channels and all was fine!

BONUS: Sportsnet Ontario HD!!!!!! This was not in the notice I received with the revised channel line-up. Now if they just would add TSN2, Speed, Golf, the new TMN channels...

Last edited by Kenuck; 2010-04-20 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Updates to comment.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:59 PM   #7
secotton

NICE! Thanks for sharing the info Kenuck, because my box still hasn't updated with the new channel linup. Definitely looking forward to another HD channel.

I'll try rebooting / soft resetting the box...after my TV watching for the night.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:29 PM   #8
Richtv

Bell Fibe TV should give their customers in Toronto & the GTA and Southern Ontario CityNews Channel to add to the Fibe TV lineup on SD Fibe Channel 517 and HD Fibe Channel 1580.

Bell Fibe TV should give their Fibe TV customers in London, Chatham, Sarina and Windsor the NBC (WDIV) ABC (WXYZ) CBS (WWJ) Fox (WJBK) & PBS (WTVS) from Detroit, Michigan. Bell Fibe TV customers would CTV 2 London (CFPL) and CTV Kitchener (CKCO) in the Southwestern Ontario TV Market.

Bell Fibe TV would put CTV 2 (CFPL) London, Ontario on SD Digital Fibe Channel 220, WDIV (NBC) Detroit, Michigan on SD Digital Fibe Channel 287 and HD Digital Fibe Channel 1207, WXYZ (ABC) Detroit, Michigan on SD Digital Fibe Channel 288 and HD Digital Fibe Channel 1208, WWJ (CBS) Detroit, Michigan on SD Digital Fibe Channel 289 and HD Digital Fibe Channel 1209, WJBK (Fox) Detroit, Michigan on SD Digital Fibe Channel 290 and HD Digital Fibe Channel 1210, WTVS (PBS) Detroit, Michigan on SD Digital Fibe Channel 291 and HD Digital Fibe Channel 1211 in London, Chatham, Sarnia and Windsor only.

Tags
channels, hdtv, pvr