Sudden Brightness in Lcd TV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: High Definition Television including LCD and Plasma

Old 2011-11-24, 08:55 PM   #1
mike70sk

Default Sudden Brightness in Lcd TV

I have a 2 and half year 52 inch samsung lcd tv. All of a sudden the picture became very bright. Like uncomfortable to watch, almost like dynamic mode.
The tv was set in standard mode and no setting had changed. Tried other channels same thing. Tried the next day the same thing.

So 2 questions

Has anybody heard of an Lcd tv going brighter for no reason?

Is this tv somehow defective? How can i trouble shoot to make sure.

I have played around with settings and can get it less bright but the picture still seems off.

If anyone needs to know the model number or picture settings let me know and i will post them.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
mike70sk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-11-24, 10:08 PM   #2
Jase88

Other modes/settings can impact brightness: Such as turning on/off the ambient light sensor, energy save mode, etc. Have you checked these, if present on your model?! Do you have kids? Sometimes kids toy with these settings....

Also try a factory reset to default settings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.