Hdpvr recording subscription channel - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion

Old 2011-01-05, 10:10 AM   #1
Weee
Rookie

Smile Hdpvr recording subscription channel

Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered already - I searched for it and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thank you in advance for your help. Here is my situation:

I purchased Shaw Channel 371 (adult channel). It was about $23 for the month. I hit the "record" button on my PVR and it is asking me if I want to buy it, if I already bought it by phone, or don't record it.

Questions:

a) I selected "I already purchased by phone" and I recorded a show. But it is recording the NEXT program as well, about 6 hours in total. Is this correct? Or did I do something wrong?

b) I just want to triple-check that I am not paying $13.99 or whatever the price is PLUS the monthly fee for the channel each time I hit "record".

c) If I buy a movie on Shaw On Demand (like a new release), can I record that as well?

Thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-01-05, 11:54 AM   #2
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

Yes this is a known challenge with the adult channels that offer 6 hour blocks to be ordered as Pay Per View (Hustler, Red Hot & Penthouse). Basically if you press record it will record to the end of the current 6 hour PPV block and then stop. The work around used to be set a recording by day time and channel however that option is no longer availble since the new guide was released as the adult channels (except for Playboy) are not listed as channels you can select from. The only thing to do in the mean time is to set the recording and then just say yes to having ordered by phone and have it record the entire 6 hour block or what ever portion is left.

VOD cannot be recorded on the PVR however if you order the movie on the PPV channels then you would be able to record it on the PVR.
Old 2011-01-05, 12:45 PM   #3
Weee
Rookie

Awesome thank you so much! I was just paranoid that I was going to be paying $13.99 everytime I hit record on top of the $22.99 a month.

Very helpful, much appreciated!
Old 2011-08-19, 02:57 PM   #4
Bobby1234
Rookie

Default Wondering....

So there is no charge when you say you have ordered by phone?
Old 2011-08-23, 06:35 PM   #5
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

This would be for customers who already subscribe to this channel and want to set a recording.

Tags
pvr, record