Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

FibreOP Internet changes

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  martinic 
#1 ·
Hello all before I had posted an article of significant changes to the overall upload speeds on Bell Aliants' FibreOP Internet services, at that time we suspected that they were upgrading their respected tiers and true to that that is indeed the case, after just modifying my service a CSR has indicated to me that for the past little while they have been selecting test areas in just N.B for now to start this.

However starting next month all FibreOP customers will be upgraded to the new speed structures, which are now the following.

10/2 will become 15/15

25/5 will become 30/30

70/15 will become 70/30

The 170/30 plan will be staying the same.

So as I mentioned peoplewho are in Fredericton like myself, have noticed these changes in speeds already, for the remainder of all FibreOp customers in all serviced provinces later April for you.

Also as a note this upgrade is not related to mediaroom's pending debut which according to my friend who is a tech won't be pushed until June, however if anyone is craving it , he says you can call in and be put on the waiting list or fork over $150 dollars for a tech to come personally come to your home and manually install Mediaroom for you.

Anyways that's what I managed to pull together, enjoy :).

See less See more
#6 ·
My sources are the following:

For the Internet speeds, I just stated I phoned in to make changes to my account and the CSR stated that information in detail (as I showed you all above)

My sources for Mediaroom are : a tech who lives across the street from me and who actually was the one who hooked us up in the first place, he was part and still is to effect part of the engineering / testing phase of this service.

At first he stated it should've been released to all customers by now but since Saint John is the test city and apparently only around 1000 or people have it right now, they want to be sure everything is working smoothly before they push the update to everyone.

Which needless to say is probably the reason why they are offering a waiting list and the option of paying for it that way they don't have to deal with a lot of rollout issues.

Also when I did phone and speak with the CSR today he also was the one that told me as well that it's a few months from being implemented, they want the people who have it to try it first and report issues and submit feedback or atleast that's what he stated on the phone to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.