3 months and TSN-Habs regional channel still MIA on Shaw Direct! - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2011-01-06, 08:58 PM   #1
madhi19

Default 3 months and TSN-Habs regional channel still MIA on Shaw Direct!

I don't want to hear any excuses by peoples who call themselves Shaw Direct insiders. We are way pass that Shaw Direct was happy to bend over backward over Sportsnet 1 if they don't do it for the Habs am telling you right here and right now that soon am getting my ladder and the damn dish is going to end up in the trash! And am not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-01-06, 09:03 PM   #2
HowieDoin

I'll give you 20 bucks for the dish
Old 2011-01-06, 09:44 PM   #3
frenchophile

why dont you just watch them on RDS?
Old 2011-01-06, 10:34 PM   #4
madhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchophile View Post
why dont you just watch them on RDS?
Have you watched RDS lately they freaking missed an overtime last week the less I can watch these jobbers the better I am!
Old 2011-01-06, 11:40 PM   #5
PrinceLH

Yes, it is frustrating, that there is no Habs coverage in their regional area. I wouldn't mind catching some of their games, since I'm in the gold zone, in Eastern Ontario. Shaw better get their shite together on this one.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:45 AM   #6
ralph_sinclair

I had a look at the games (tsn.ca/habs) and most of the games were in October, November and December.

I don't think anyone else (except maybe Aliant) will be picking this one up this season.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:56 AM   #7
NB Josh
Veteran

And Aliant is controlled by Bell. I agree, next season is the earliest that any other provider will have this channel. I'd like it, but I can live with games in French on RDS.
Old 2011-01-07, 11:28 AM   #8
atvnut

I complained about this twice now, last night I watched it alone at our neighbours house as they were going south. I have the key and promise to plow his driveway while he is gone. It is crime that I have to watch Bell at his place when I have the NHL package wth Shaw Direct. I too promise it won't be much longer and a switch to Bell will be made as much as I hate too.
Old 2011-01-07, 08:13 PM   #9
mon_Key_C

Quote:
I too promise it won't be much longer and a switch to Bell
And then 2 months later the posts start on Bell "These HD games look look widescreen SD on Bell"
Old 2011-01-11, 12:38 PM   #10
D0TC0M

RDS missed the overtime for the panthers game but that was the only time they ever missed on ice action in as far as I can remember and I watch every game. RDS-HD is awesome and it is the MAIN reason I got onboard with shaw direct. TSN is using RDS video feeds AFAIK. TSN and RDS are sister channels
Old 2011-01-11, 02:06 PM   #11
zbroke

I watch every Habs game on RDS-HD as well but honestly their HD signal is not all that it should be. It's OK on my 50" plasma, although not as "defined" or crisp as I would like it to be. It is borderline ugly on my 128" screen/projector. And no it's not the projector. Also has LOTS of macro-blocking. But hey I'm not complaining I can watch the Habs, in French, in Texas so...
Old 2011-01-11, 03:36 PM   #12
NB Josh
Veteran

I like RDS for Le Hockey de Samdei Soir. It's the closest thing we will ever see to the old Hockey Night/Le Soiree de Hockey on CBC and Radio-Canada. I don't notice anything wrong with the HD feed, it looks just as good as CBC to me, but I don't have a 128" projector to see it on.