New User... Couple of Questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > MTS

Old 2010-05-31, 12:20 PM   #1
Mav

Location: Saskatoon, SK Pioneer VSX-9140TXH, Samsung LN46C630, Sanyo PLV-Z2000, PS3, MTS TV
Question New User... Couple of Questions

Got MTS Ultimate TV installed last week and a few questions:

1) When you go into menu, select favourites, how come it doesn't keep the list the next time you go into the guide?
2) When you rewind a live tv show, what button do you push to go back to live tv? Or do you just skip forward?

Switched from Shaw Direct and am happy so far. Got the installer to run Cat 5 to the other tv as well. HD quality seems pretty good as well. Used the dual recorder, had to remind the wife that we can do that now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-05-31, 01:04 PM   #2
Dr.Dave

1) Whenever you press the GUIDE button you will always get the full guide. There is no way to change that to only show your favourites. To show just your favourite channels you have to press MENU, Favourites. If you are already in the guide and you decide you just want to see the favourites, you can press the ENTER/ZOOM button (which is really an options button) and RIGHT-ARROW to choose Favourites that way. If there are channels you never want to see, you can delete then from the guide by going into "Customize Channels" (see page 37).

2) There is no LIVE button. You can use FWD to skip forward 30 seconds at a time or press FF 3 times to fast-forward at the maximum speed.
Old 2010-05-31, 03:57 PM   #3
Mav

Location: Saskatoon, SK Pioneer VSX-9140TXH, Samsung LN46C630, Sanyo PLV-Z2000, PS3, MTS TV

Thanks for the info. It's too bad we can't make a couple of favourite lists and have the guide remember. Guess I'll have to delete the channels from the guide.
Old 2010-06-04, 10:00 AM   #4
Mav

Lately when watching some shows on standard def, I have noticed the picture is jumpy on the main tv. Picture on HD channel is fine. I'm using a component video cable until my new hdmi cable arrives. Anyone else experience this?

Tags
favourites, mts, pvr, replay