Bluetooth A2DP Speaker Setup - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2010-03-12, 11:38 AM   #1
ph0enix1211
Rookie

Default Bluetooth A2DP Speaker Setup

Hello folks,

I recently bought my first house and am trying to setup a sound system for my kitchen. I decided I wanted to go wireless, and also go bluetooth A2DP so I could play audio from the kitchen laptop and from my cell phone.

I looked around, and found exactly what I wanted:
http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/...l?tag=lia;rcol

It would allow me to place each speaker on a separate cupboard (for good stereo separation) and run a hidden power cord to plug them in. Because of the cupboard lip, you wouldn't even be able to see the speakers or the power wires, and it came with a bluetooth dongle for the laptop (which didn't have built in bluetooth)

It was the perfect solution.... except that parrot had just discontinued the speakers, I couldn't buy them anywhere, and I can't find anything like them anywhere else. There were other bluetooth speakers, but none that were separated.

I recently found the Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver.

I could buy two of these, plug one into a speaker with composite L audio only, an other into a speaker with composite R audio only. I could get any bluetooth dongle for the laptop.

I am worried this may not work because of time lag between the L/R channels or being unable to send two separate signals correctly at all.

I would very much like to you what you all think of this! Would this work? Do you know of another product similar to the separate parrot speakers? Is there a better wireless solution for my kitchen audio?

Tags
bluetooth, speakers, wireless