I got a few question about my services - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Internet, Landline and Wireless Phone

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2007-09-23, 04:11 PM   #1
nrj

Default I got a few question about my services

I am with Bell Canada, and there are a few things I would like to know.

1) How to turn on/off voice mail when I am available?
2) How to change my voice mail so it will take more then 3 rings before it goes on voice mail mode? The phone is in the other room and I sometime can't get to it on time.
3) Why does it give me an USA phone number on my call ID display when the phone call is actually originating from Overseas (Europe)?
4) How to block unwanted calls? Since I signed up to caller ID, I get a lot more telemarketers and they leave messages to my voice mail.
5) When I have a new message on my voice mail, the phone light keeps flashing, and it won't let me phone anyone before I check my messages. How can I disable this? I would like to phone people without having to check my messages first.

I think that's it for now
nrj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-09-23, 06:46 PM   #2
Paolo
Veteran

1) there is instructions in the Bell Phone Book in the first few pages explaining how to.

2) there is instructions in the Bell Phone book in the first few pages explaining how to.

3) Some phones do not show the international dialing prefix and the country code (ie: 01139) so it only shows u their 10 or 11 digit phone number. I stored my Aunt's number in my phones directory so when she calls me, it shows exactly in the full proper european dialing syntax. Of course, I never call direct when im calling overseas, I use a calling card which happens to use the same dialing prefix too, so thats a bonus.

4) dunno

5) incorrect, you CAN call people when you have the "new message" indicator and flashing light, and the funky fast beeping dialtone, you just have to pick up the receiver and dial the number, sometimes speed dials may try to "detect" a dialtone but will not dial cus of that.. but trust me, try just dialing the number directly, it will work.
Paolo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-09-23, 10:26 PM   #3
Nemnoch

you can also check out the bell website for answers as well but here they are just in case

1) *93 turns the service off *92 turns the service on

2) *94 then listen for two short beeps then press the number on the keypad that equals the number of rings you want to hear before it picks up. remember that the person who is calling you will hear one more ring than the number you hear. so if you pick four, the person calling you will hear 5 rings.

3) Paolo is correct

4) Either the Call Screen feature or the Call Privacy feature

5) Paolo is correct

Nem, who knows a little something about call answer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.