HNIC OTA in HD? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Digital Forum Help and Administration > Archives > 2005

Old 2005-09-09, 09:43 AM   #1
tricky

Default HNIC OTA in HD?

I have had my OTA setup for several months but what with computer time and dvd time I didnt really get much actual air time in. I have watched a couple of PBS HD offerings and found the viewing excellent. The other night I switched on to a Football game being broadcast in HD 7-1 I think it was Buffalo ABC. Not being a great sports fan I was going to switch it off but was drawn back by the superb quality of the picture, cant say much about the game
As HD OTA transmissions increase I am looking forward to spending an increasing time watching TV. I wonder if Hockey Night In Canada will be HD wide screen.......boy Don Cherry will really show up
Old 2005-09-12, 12:09 AM   #2
open6l

From what I read - CBC had invested quite alot of money into doing Hockey Night in Canada in HD.. They even tested it by showing the Canada/Finland finals in HD... Problem was that the hockey lockout year occured and we never got to see HNIC in HD... I'm counting down the days in the next few weeks
Old 2005-09-16, 07:55 PM   #3
JiggaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
I have had my OTA setup for several months but what with computer time and dvd time I didnt really get much actual air time in. I have watched a couple of PBS HD offerings and found the viewing excellent. The other night I switched on to a Football game being broadcast in HD 7-1 I think it was Buffalo ABC. Not being a great sports fan I was going to switch it off but was drawn back by the superb quality of the picture, cant say much about the game
As HD OTA transmissions increase I am looking forward to spending an increasing time watching TV. I wonder if Hockey Night In Canada will be HD wide screen.......boy Don Cherry will really show up
Don Cherry? CBC?.... I think that is over.
Old 2005-09-17, 02:38 AM   #4
alebowgm
Veteran

No, Cherry signed a one year contract extention with CBC...

the better questions is, when is the CBC strike going to end?
Old 2005-09-17, 09:37 PM   #5
tricky

Maybe I am wrong but this is what I read?

Don Cherry to return to CBC's Hockey night in Canada
Posted by : RAD on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 07:15 AM

CBC Brace yourselves hockey fans-Grapes is back and better than ever! The incomparable Don Cherry will return to CBC's HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, once the agreement between the NHL and NHLPA has been ratified, along with his insights, witty, thought-provoking opinions, high-collars and dazzling suits.

Following a year's respite, Cherry will return to his usual spot on Coach's Corner alongside his longtime partner Ron MacLean in the first intermission of Game One.

"It's great to have Don back, providing his legendary commentaries and insights about the game Canadians embrace with such passion," says Nancy Lee, executive director of CBC Sports.

"Is it October yet?" asks Cherry. "I've been chomping at the bit, waiting for hockey's return. I've got a whole new closet of suits I need to show off and having had an entire year off, I can hardly wait to hear what I have to say!"

More details on the coming season of CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA will be shared once the players and owners ratify their agreement.
Old 2005-09-25, 07:34 PM   #6
Berenger

strike is ending this week apparently...so they can cover Michaelle Jean intronisation
Old 2005-09-26, 12:26 AM   #7
CoconutJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
The other night I switched on to a Football game being broadcast in HD 7-1 I think it was Buffalo ABC. Not being a great sports fan I was going to switch it off but was drawn back by the superb quality of the picture, cant say much about the game
That's funny, Tricky. I've just started playing with my OTA tuner for a few weeks now, and just last Monday I came across Monday Night Football. WOW!!! I was blown away by just how perfect the picture was. Everyone always talked about football being such a nice HD picture...seeing my screen that night just put a big grin on my face.