Programming Sony DAV HDX466 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2010-12-26, 12:26 PM   #1
musiclvr
Rookie

Default Programming Sony DAV HDX466

hi...need help programming my MP3 CD in HDX466. As I was checking out my player I seen the program button listed in the display column. So later i went to it to try programming the CD and the program button is not there... instead it has DATA listed where the program button was and I now cannot program my CD!! Can anyone help me change this back to program?????
musiclvr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2010-12-26, 04:32 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

No idea what you are talking about or what you mean by programming you CD. I recommend reviewing your manual.

To get an answer here, you will to tell us what your trying to do, what equipment you are working with, how things are connected and so. Otherwise there is little that anyone can say.
Old 2010-12-26, 08:37 PM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

CDs can contain different files. If you insert a purchased music CD for example, you may be able to programme tracks - try one. If you insert a data CD, then you may not be able to programme or even play depending on what's on the CD? Compatible files are probably listed in the operating manual, as mentioned by Hugh.
Old 2010-12-27, 03:07 PM   #4
musiclvr
Rookie

Hi again....sorry about the lack of info. All I'm trying to do is program my MP3 CD to play the selected songs I would like to hear, as there are 170 songs on the CD. This is my problem....I inserted the CD into the hdx466, I hit the display button and the control menu appears, in the control menu there are a list of options, ex. track, shuffle, program(to select tracks for playing). I went into other options and I believe I changed a setting to data(Can't remember where I done this and I can't fine it to change it back). When I go into the control menu now, program is not one of the options in the list on the MP3 CD, but it does appear in the control menu when I have a disc that is pre-recorded.
Now I know that program was an option(on the mp3 CD) before I changed the settings, I tried resetting the player but no effect! I have the manual and it says program should be an option there!! The unit is hooked up correctly and all other features are working fine....I hope this makes it clear as to what I'm asking??
thanking you in advance,
Musiclvr
musiclvr is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.