Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

OTA: Quebec & Atlantic Canada Parts, Sales, Service, Installers

128K views 382 replies 125 participants last post by  Eckhard 
#1 ·
You could try Addison Electronics.
They are in Quebec.
I can't get there this morning to check because their server is down this morning, but you can give it a shot.
Look under the antenna section.

http://addison-electronique.com

[Edit June 4, 2006: Addison apparently does not sell OTA antennas anymore, but may still carry signal gear]

or

Hosick Television Co
416-243-1071
1844 Jane Street,
Toronto

They might have one or be able to get you one.
Best of luck as they are hard to find up here and too expensive usually.

You can also get ones that the cable companies use from
http://www.tinlee.com
He is in downtown Toronto.
But they are not Channel Master.

See less See more
#7 ·
WatchmaN said:
CM, wineguard
50$-100$
from anywhere
This thread has lots of info on suppliers. Check for the posts about the Addison and Raybel companies in Quebec, and also keep in mind that The Source carries OTA gear and has a store near you:

Place St Eustache
367 Boul Arthur Sauve
St Eustache PQ
J7P2B1
Phone: (450) 473-0651

Also you could buy from a supplier from Ontario and have it shipped.

#9 ·
Okay I'll edit the Addison post to update it, and as far as The Source you need to read its own thread here in this forum because you need to print out the antenna information from the website and take it to your local The Source store so that they can order it for you.

I'm positive that Ontario companies like Hosick, Yaamon, Sal's, Nutech, and others will ship to you.

#14 ·
Yaamon/Stampeder, unless you/he make visits to Montreal you/he a tad too far for me...

:D :D :D

Just kidding...

I'll do as you suggested Stampeder and I'll let you know if I find something... I just hope I find somebody who knows where he's/she's going (I'm not sure the person who installed the previous antenna did...).

Thank you!

Nick

#15 ·
Channel Master and other OTA equipment resellers in the Montreal/Laval area?

Hello,

I'd like to know where I could buy a CM 4221 UHF antenna in the Montreal/Laval region.

I've looked in the Addison/Addtronique kinds of store, but I haven't found anything serious there.

Where did you buy your OTA reception equipment?

Thanks!

#17 ·
Hi!

An email to Raybel today gave a negative reply as to the availability of any channelmaster ( 7775 or 7777) amp, in or around Montreal.
You actually got a reply from them??? They still haven't replied to an email I sent 2 weeks ago...

Bah, I guess they might have had some problems with their emails... Which email address did you use, the info@ or another?

Thanks!

Nick

#19 ·
I went there first, and was told by Jacques that if I needed to email them, send to indm@raybel.com .
Thanks, that's good to know!

Couldn't find any Channel Master pre-amp in Burlington VT over the week-end,
Lowes is supposed to carry CM products but it looks like there's no Lowes in Vermont. Ace & True Value stores are supposed to have them too... There's no mention if they carry all of them and if they have them in stock though...

anyone knows if another channelmaster dealer carries them in Montreal? Looking for 7775 or 7777.
Did Raybel give any reason why they don't have them anymore?

If it's volume then maybe if we could organize a group buy of some sort I would be interested (as long as I can find somebody to install it on my tower, I'm afraid of heights... :( )

Thanks and have a nice day!

Nick

#20 ·
Went to Ace in Colchester, they only had an old distribution amp from CM.

As for Raybel, the only info I got was that they had close to 40 CM4228 antennas on order, since more than 8 months. Looks like CM doesn't deliver. Why? No idea. Did Raybel pay their last invoice from CM? Just asking, as I've seen this happening before, where I worked. Some businesses like to wait past 90 days, or even 120+ , to pay their suppliers. And then they are surprised when they can't order anymore unless it's COD. I'm not implying anything here about Raybel, just that 2 of my former employers were playing that kind of game, until they got into real trouble.

It was my first visit to that store and to be honest, I found it to be quite disorganized. You almost trip on boxes, everywhere. Needs a huge cleanup. I wonder how they can find anything in their mess. Example, they had a Sharpshooter in a box, backstore,they had no idea how much it costs and since when it was there.Too bad, because staff is nice and very helpful. They seem to be understaffed too. Phone was ringing all the time and the two guys couldn't cope. It's sad, they could be much more succesfull, with just a little help or willingness, either.

Not badmouthing, just the facts.

#22 ·
You got Raybel all wrong. Don't deal with them too often but when I do, they are great. Far better than Addison...can't stand the know-it-all employees of Addison and it always takes half an hour for someone to help you out.

When I went to raybel in the month on June, they had 3 4228's in stock. Wasn't yet planning my installation so I decided to wait. Big mistake. Went back in mid-sept and they didn't have anymore.

They are waiting for new ones to arrive. But was informed that apparently CM was sold to another company and they are having trouble supplying the demand. I actually called back toady and they still have no news about the CM and are tried to find them by other means.

#27 ·
It seems pretty hard to find any Channel Master in Montreal... When I 1st started to search for the 4228, Raybel was the only distributor I found in Montreal. Now they don't have anymore. So to me it doesn't seem their fault that they can't get any...nobody in Montreal seems to be able to get any.

Hopefully Raybel, or any other store, will have the 4228 soon. I wanted to set it up before winter.

#31 ·
2 Montreal sources

I called D.C. Electronique in Drummondville and they reffered me to Raybel here in Montreal.

Spoke with Robert and he told me they'd be receiving some CM4228 within 3 weeks.

If I remember clearly he quoted me 60$ for the antenna! That's quite different from what I've seen elsewhere.

Yves at D.C. has a few CM4247 left from a few years ago. He says they're just like the 4248 but 48" instead of the 80"-ish 4248. Quoted around 40$.

Both assured me they could reffer to an installer.

Contact info:

Yves
D.C. Electronique LTEE
1157 Boul. St. Joseph
Drummondville, Quebec J2C 2C8
Phone: 819-477-7676

Robert
Electronique Raybel, Inc.
9712 est, rue Notre-Dame
Montreal-Est, Quebec H1L 3R2
Phone: 514-352-9071

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
I called D.C. Electronique in Drummondville and they reffered me to Raybel here in Montreal.

Spoke with Robert and he told me they'd be receiving some CM4228 within 3 weeks.

If I remember clearly he quoted me 60$ for the antenna! That's quite different from what I've seen elsewhere.
Called again to get an update:

1. They havenmt received their CM order yet. It's been more than four weeks sine they've placed their order and don't know when they'll receive it..

2. I was mistaken on the price. They'll be selling the CM 4228 @ 99$
Here is a list of Vermont OTA Gear companies:

http://www.vpt.org/about/antennas.html
There are two Montreal area retailers on that list. Montcalm only keeps Wade antennas.

Also called Telanex. He doesn't keep any CM in stock and buys rom Raybel... Back to square one :(

#33 ·
List of Vermont OTA Gear suppliers

I'm talking to several Ontario and NY State distributors to see if better OTA equipment can be shipped to Montreal at reasonable prices.

Can someone let us know if any of those companies might ship to a border town on the U.S. side to keep costs down?

That list also mentions Montcalm in Montreal and this company in Beaconsfield that I have not heard of:

Telanex Satellite Inc
539 CHURCH STREET
BEACONSFIELD, QC H9W 3T3
(514) 694-0947

#37 ·
I'm talking to several Ontario and NY State distributors to see if better OTA equipment can be shipped to Montreal at reasonable prices.

Hi Stampeder!

Thank you very much for posting that list...

I haven't been to the U.S. recently but I know somebody who goes to Vermont (he even has a place where he can get things shipped) from time to time and he said that he could try to help me get one from there if I don't find any here...

Have a nice day!

Nixk

#40 · (Edited)
I'm going to look into it today. Getting the CM4228 appears impossible now! I am considering the 4BT-1483 to get the US stations. I am located in Verdun H4G 1W3 with a clear line of sight to the south at 50' on rooftop.

stampeder: do you think this is enough to get a clean signal? I am currently using a silver sensor clone (from ATI) atop of my mast (@ 50') and getting good results already. Maybe pairing two would do it?

For local stations located in the opposite direction I do not know what to get. I know this 4BT will reject them since it has a reflector.

Is it reasonnable to go with a quad array of the 4BT pointing 3 SSE towards Mt. mansfield and one pointing towards downtown Montreal/Mt. Royal?

I saw an example for a quad array on HDTV primer

Otherwise the SL-4BT could be a possibility. It it a 4BT-1483 withour a reflector so it has a figure eight pattern.

Does anyone have experience with those two models?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.