Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1-888-472-2222

127K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  signalman57 
#1 ·
Hi: For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a phone call from 1-888-472-2222 and anytime I pick up I get no answer. When you google this number it says it is a call from Shaw Cable. I checked Shaw`s site and it is Shaw`s phone number. Has anyone else here been getting this call and had someone reply to your "Hello"? It is really annoying.

#5 ·
They have been calling me too,

my buddy answered, they are trying to up sell products and services, he said they tried to get him to change his TV service, he was going to get less channels for more money, lol

#6 ·
It is outsourced telemarketing, and it is an auto-dialer. I know, cuz that was my job last summer. The specific call centre I worked at is no longer doing Shaw, but outbound call centres are a dime a dozen.

The agents taking the calls were outsourced, but if they got a sale, the customer would be transferred to an order entry agent, who would be an actual Shaw employee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.