Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Post Audio speakers

29K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Dave Maret 
#1 ·
Has any ever heard of these speakers?? It seems Post Audio was a Canadian company but that's all I could dig up so far. A friend is thinking at buying a used set.

TIA

#2 · (Edited)
Post Audio was a higher end division of Audiosphere Research. Four of my towers are Post Audio "Monitor DM-16's" with dual twelve inch drivers. I've had these babies for years and they still pound. Here is an Article that tells a little bit of history about the Audioshpere Research company: Consumer Electronic News | Blogs | Retailing | Appliances | CES | Twice Doesn't talk about the Post Audio line though. This is the only link I could ever find with some information about the company. I bought my Post Audio towers at Krazy Kiley's (now Kiley's Electronics) in Regina.

#3 ·
Thanks for info! I thought they looked very familiar to my old Audiosphere Experiment speakers that I recently sold. The cabinet looks much nicer and the woofers are a different material than my old ones though.
Here's picture of the set he's looking at buying...

#7 ·
Those look nice - real Oak trim.

I've had a few Audiosphere products at one time or another (though base level Audiosphere brand ones) including a centre I'm still using in the kids HT in the basement.

Perfectly fine speakers, though I never really found them something to be enthused about. How much are they asking for them? To me, the buy recommendation would be based on the seller looking for reasonable coin.

Also, I'd check the foam on the woofers (they look foamed, not butyl in the picture). If they need or will soon need a refoaming, 4 x 12" would cost around $50 + time as a DIY project if they were due, and probably more than the speakers are worth if done professionally.

#9 ·
Well, if there is one thing I'm not, it's an audiophile. I still haven't mastered the art of hearing what's not there.[:D]

Though if I invested in $1,000 speaker wires, I'd likely be much happier (oooh, don't mean to start that one again). OK, maybe just square core 100% silver wires?

Back to the speakers, $150 seems a bit high to me, though I am guessing these babies pound. Heck if your friend likes them, what's money? Just make sure he double checks the woofer foam! If the foam is getting tired, it may be good to get the price down(uhhh, these look like they'll need a refoaming soon, take $75?).

#10 ·
It's a shame that he's putting them in the garage. I would suggest that if he buys them to try them in the home as well. What kind of Home theater and speaker setup does he have now?

#11 ·
Ah, you could eat off the floor in his garage.:)
If they are in good shape I'm sure he''ll try them in his Home theater as well. He has older Paradigm Titans as his fronts right now.
I sold my my Audiosphere Experiment 800-D's a couple months ago for $200. So the price is not bad for here in St. John's (not a lot of used speakers on the market here).

#12 ·
Wow, glad I'm in the Winnipeg used market. I could have had a pair of db 990s a few months back for $100. Heck, I bought my CV A-123's for $30, though they did need some work. Heck, there's a guy selling some old Epis for $50 or $75 right now!

#17 ·
WOW Finally!

Wow I have been looking forever for information on these, I have a pair in the basement storage room that I have had forever and still love them even though I don't use them anymore. I had bought them from Majestic Electronics...thanks for the info guys at the time I didn't pay much attention to who made them etc. but I always wondered when I got older, I just remember and know they really were great loud speakers. A friend was bugging me about them so I hooked them up not long ago and they blew him away still!

#18 ·
Is Post Audio a Euporean company?

I found two speakers of Post Audio brand. The seller is saying, that he bought them new, last year in Croatia. He mentioned that because it is European company, we do not hear about them in Canada.
I wonder if anyone have any information about this company, or the speakers.
Thanks,

#19 ·
I have a set

I bought these at the same place in Regina. I paid 2,000.00 for them and since they have doubled in price. Then the company went out of business. They were made in Canada that I do know. I stick with German or Canadian Speakers as they make the best speakers IMHO. At $150.00 I see nothing wrong with that...lol I am shocked someone would even complain about the foam mine is mint. But I hardly ever cranked them and only use them for my TV in 5.1 with some German speakers. I would never let mine go at all. They are Oak, yes. Mine are 2nd Gen and have no foam in the back just looks like a clear plastic and no foam at all. They do make a nice looking tower for the side of the 58" TV I must admit. I compare them to the klipsch Cornwalls, but they are built allot better in the 2nd gen.

#20 ·
I have never babied mine since the day I've bought them and the foam is still in incredible shape. I can't see why anyone would complain about $150.00 for these either. My buddies can't believe the sound that they make either. It's just too bad they quit making them.

#21 ·
Hey Dwayne,

If you wanted a second pair, there's a guy north of Winnipeg on Kijiji selling a set in black/silver. Not sure if that's factory or a home paint job. Selling some other stuff with it too - ad has been up since Sept. 16.

May be a good time to get a deal if he's not getting any response!

#23 ·
Well Scott, I have emailed the dude about them and yes he painted the natural oak silver. I know I would want to refinish them back to their natural oak. And seeing as I have never restored an older set of speakers myself yet, this may be a first for me. We'll see what happens. I am chatting with him off and on.

#25 ·
post audio speakers.

Hey Dwayne, have you ever had any trouble with your speakers cutting out? Mine have been doing it lately if you get half volume or more, without putting alot of bass on. If you crank more bass, you can't even get to half. I thought it was the receiver, a luxman r114, but it is the speakers. They have a built in overload in them. Thanks, Bob.

#26 ·
White fish said:
I'm in Toronto I have a pair that I also paid a ton for at Majestic but mine are all black no oak color

foam is great

I thought about selling these so I could get smaller speaker and a bigger screen

if any ones interested PM me
Gotta say these are great and I'm glad you sold them! Still don't have enough power for 'em though...

(hope this bump is alright)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.