Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

OTA: Ontario Parts, Sales, Service, Installers

395K views 1K replies 458 participants last post by  folcan99 
#1 ·
I got a CM4248 from V&E Antenna in Thornhill. I've got it mounted on my rooftop and I use a rotor to fine tune.

#79 ·
Thanks for the Buffalo link. It is great learning from you.

I would prefer to shop in Canada but from what I read here no-one has the AD Lacrosse Amplified model. That is why I would go to buffalo.

I just wish that Canadian small business OTA providers would have better prices - I don't understand why a us$60 antenna - at retail in Buffalo - would cost up to cdn$140 here in Southern Ontario.

#80 ·
The only dealer that I know in WNY is the same guy that sells the CM4228 on fleebay, rwantenna in Lockport NY I think. I am not sure if he carries AD stuff. He sells the 4228 for US$60 plus NY sales tax plus GST at the border plus gas. I was thinking of driving down to get one but for a few dollars more and a shorter drive I got my antenna with less hassle. (pm yaamon ;) )
I finally decided on a CM4221 and I am quite pleased with the performance. I get most TO & BUF stations with no rotator (still on its temporary install 2nd floor window). Since you are in Mississaga, you may want to try this set-up first. Just my 2 cents.

#82 ·
Good Experience With Nutech Electronics in Hamilton and St.Catharines, ON

Nutech Electronics out of Hamilton and St.Catharines has my vote for great customer service as well as availability of parts. In my case, I've been trying to get a 4228 and rotator installed. After trying two GTA installers, both said they couldn't do the install because the rotators were out of stock and back-ordered.

In desperation I decided to give Nutech (after referencing this thread for dealers) a call. Living in north Brampton I'm 45 minutes away from East Hamilton, however, its comparatively the same time away from the much closer North York or Scarborough installers I had called. Nutech had lots of rotators in stock. They also had the little stuff like grounding blocks, wires, connectors, etc... They even threw in some free ground wire just to make sure it is installed safely. I also had the opportunity to see the basement where I noticed lots of stands, tripods and towers (probably gathering dust... can you say 180' escarpment or Hamilton 'mountain'). Anyways, great service and stock and a good GTA alternative.

#83 ·
Nutech in St. Catharines vs. US supplier

Hello Folks...

I was at Nutech last week and asked about the 4248. They said they do not carry Channel Master Antenna's, and special order's wouldn't be worth it. They do carry Wade-Delphi, but the prices are what's the killer.

I would suggest utilizing the UPS route for obtaining the 4248 in the US and declaring it upon entry. As mentioned, depending on the value, they will generally let you by with no issue's. I'm in the process of ordering a 4248 and having it shipped to a buddys place in NF/NY. I quick hop,skip & jump over the ditch for some Pizza / Wings / Bucket of splits from Sammy's. Pick everything up in one shot....

Does anyone have any good solid advice on a awesome VHF Antenna from Wade-Delhi?. I would like something in the deep zone..with lot's of gain.

Thanks in advance,

HQS

#85 ·
Thanks for the reply. I gave them a call and they want 110 bucks for it. I have already order my unit today from the States for 39.99 U.S. Plan to have it shipped to the buds place and then I will drive over and pick it up. Declaration should be about 20 bucks in fees so that would put me under 50.00 bucks. I consider that a great savings!!.

For those of you living near the border, it may be worth it for you to ship to a UPS centre in NF and do the same.

P.S.... What rotor do you guys suggest I use on this Antenna??

Thanks folks!!

HQS

#88 ·
could somebody help me get the best deal on an 8-bay bowtie antenna, I live near Smithville, Ontario on the Niagara Escarpment.

I don't mind driving to Hamilton, and i guess if I could save money, I'd drive to Buffalo NY. I thought the CM4228 seemed like the best antenna for me, but if theres a similar antenna I can get for a better deal, thats fine too.

thanks

#90 ·
026163 said:
could somebody help me get the best deal on an 8-bay bowtie antenna, I live near Smithville, Ontario on the Niagara Escarpment.

I don't mind driving to Hamilton, and i guess if I could save money, I'd drive to Buffalo NY. I thought the CM4228 seemed like the best antenna for me, but if theres a similar antenna I can get for a better deal, thats fine too.

thanks
Call Skyway Electronics in St Catharines.

#93 ·
Reliable dish installers in the GTA

Can anyone recommend a reliable dish installer in the GTA. Nothing fancy, I just need it mounted onto a brick wall & a couple of holes drilled into the house. Any help would be much appreciated!

Please PM me with the details.

Thanks!
Joe

#96 ·
Tigerbangs, are you up in Canada now?

Tigerbangs is a DHCer and well known OTA antenna expert on many websites who resides in the US and comes up to Ottawa fairly often. If he's around he might be of help or with some advice here. Check out his Instant Messaging links if you want to see if he's still up in Ottawa:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/member.php?u=6677

MAKE SURE to tell him that Stampeder sent you from DHC so that he doesn't mistakenly send you back here. :)

#97 ·
Any Winegard distributors in S Ontario?

I've been looking for a Winegard HD7084P antenna. No one seems to be selling them. I'm leery about ordering it thrugh the mail due to possible damage (12' box)
Any help would be appreciated. BTW I also tried to get it around Buffalo with no results.

#99 ·
Where can I buy these??? CM4228 and rotor

I have read the FAQs and all that, but can anyone in the Hamilton, Burlington, Brantford area, or the GTA that has these gear installed like a few poster here that have pictures up, tell me where I can buy them, and how much?

ChannelMaster 4228 and a 9521A Rotator

I'll also need a tripod, as am going to be putting it on the roof