Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

My BBM Television Diary

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Francois Caron 
#1 ·
I was contacted by BBM a few weeks ago and was asked if I would participate in a mail out survey. I agreed and it came last week. It covers a period of 7 days. I was away for half the period so those days do not require and entries. But since I only have TV via OTA the picks are limited. Also, my broadcast TV viewing is very limited. But I am making sure they have OTAers represented. :)

In the survey they want to know what DVDs titles you watch but no mention of Bluray or any other sources like Netflix or iTunes or streaming websites of stations. Also, they don't seem to distinguish between analog and digital broadcasts. I plan to use the .1 to indicate if it is a digital channel. There is a comments section at the end but they ask that they be regarding "programs, stations and commercials".

There are also questions about other aspects like; newspapers, vehicles, recreation, computers, travel, food, money and elections.

Anyone else get one?

#2 ·
We filled out the BBM surveys one week last year. Technology does seem to move faster than the BBM diaries, it's true. I may've had to be creative in filling out parts to reflect this, but I'm sure they could figure it out. I presume they'd classify Blu-Ray the same as a DVD.

#3 ·
A few years ago mine was quite bizarre.

They asked about AM/FM but I listened to stuff at the time via DAB... And then there was shortwave which I listened to regularly...

On top of that some great tropo happened and I listened to that too...

Luckily there wasn't any sporadic-E. That would have done it in completely. :)

The concept wasn't the problem, but wow, was it narrow in dealing with technology.

It was followed by this gigantic survey on shopping, living etc....

Cameron

#4 ·
Yes the follow up questions seem to be a mini-census. The reason I brought up bluray is they had many questions asking if my TV was HD, if I subbed to HD programming, if I had an HD STB ... then to lump DVD and bluray together ...

VCR gets it own category but bluray does not. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Jake,

Come to think of it, mine was primarily a radio log. No TV HD questions at all, but did want to know if a TV was on in the room.

As to that mini census, Stats Canada would have drooled over the detailed and comprehensive questions. It was the thickness of a small town phone book! :)

Cameron

#8 ·
I remember doing these diaries quite regularly in 1980 or so. They must not have known I was 11 years old at the time LOL. They used to send 50 cents with the diary. Then I got one about 5 years ago, with a toonie in there, but I only did it the one week and they never sent me any more.

#11 ·
Well I finished mine and mailed it. I got a toonie for my troubles.

Broadcast TV in our house was pretty low at less than 2 hours last week. Just a few minutes of news in the morning and at supper for me and a few cartoons on CBC and SRC over the weekend for the kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.