Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread

323K views 2K replies 113 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
This thread will be for rumours, channel deletions and complaining about any channel not offered by Shaw Direct, or not functioning properly.
Actual confirmed new channel announcements and channel deletions will now have their own thread.
Shaw Direct Official Channel Announcement Thread

#2 ·
It's discouraging to see that there is no chatter about all the new high def channels Shaw will offering this year. Adding new channels is good but what would be better and a good first step would be to upgrade all of the existing channels to high definition.

#9 ·
10 New HD channels,
Since I don't get G1 down south here I bought a $10 outdoor antenna and set it up. To my surprise I get 15 digital channels and 3 analog channels, after editing I really have 12 new channels. 10 of them are in HD and 2 old movie channels for free. This is a nice complement of Las Vegas HD locals added to the Shaw package I get.

#10 ·
Just wondering, with the demise of Sun News Network, and coming in April 1 the removal of Speed (Speed SD, and Speed HD). Can Shaw D use this bandwidth and convert to mpeg4 transmission so they can add more channels than the current three (maybe 4, or 5?). Also was Sun, and currently the Speed channels all on the same older satellite?