Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global (Vancouver) Now Testing Digital OTA Channel 22.1

75K views 341 replies 51 participants last post by  stampeder 
#1 ·
I am watching CHAN channel 22 now.

#53 ·
Around noon 22 started giving my auto-scan fits. Now I've got it coming in but barely -- very sensitive to electrical interference in the house.

I'm guessing there is still tuning going on, as my system is reporting the signal at about 1/2 of CBC's strength. A huge improvement from this morning when my TV reported nothing there!

Maybe I'll still get a chance to watch the final round...

#55 ·
CHAN-DT

Solid strong signal here in North Vancouver. I have a direct line-of-sight to
Mt. Seymour and up until now had trouble with troublesome multipath on the Analogue Channel 8. It used to be barely watchable OTA here. Even with the lettering over the DT picture, it is now a 100% better picture. Beautiful to see shots on their news of local scenery in High Def. It is too bad that all of the local broadcasters aren't following the wonderful example set by Global Vancouver. My thanks to their engineering staff and far-sighted management.

#59 ·
Now I know they are doing this just to bug me! The overlay may be gone, but I can't lock onto the signal anymore! Hopefully for the final round...

I can get 4 of those 5 here in Richmond with an indoor antenna -- the only one I can't get even close to is CTV. Too bad, I used to watch their evening news, but not anymore!

#61 ·
The ExpressVu 9200 wont register Global 22 with a channel number, so (at least) I cant watch the channel on the Expressvu HD receiver
Is this because there is no PSIP data?

Both CTV and Global register a reliable 68% or higher on the 9200, CTV "locks" and the 9200 assigns it Channel32 automatically; Global same strength or higher, but wont lock, no channel number automatically assigned by the 9200

I assume this is the same phenomemon where others have reported certain devices or programs wont allow viewing despite signal

#67 ·
Go and grab easy hdtv it is giving me a great picture with the win1600 same tuner as yours:cool:

http://www.enigmaindustries.com/downloads.htm
I grabbed that easy hdtv software, I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950 USB stick tuner, and although I am receiving 22 at 85%, it's nothing but a choppy looking mess using this program, same as CBC, and CTV.

When using the bundled software with the tuner they come in beautifully, save for 22. I'll probably just have to wait till they get themselves sorted out over the next little while, then use my regular software.

#68 ·
coolin

Yea your tuner is not the same as the 1600 cards and the info was mainly for the person who got no image. I have two computers two different cards a possibility of 3 congiguration combinations not inc different driver cofigurations and the thing is with all those choices only card and one software gives me 22.2 Chan DT so I am not surprized it worked poorly for you but as in the other persons case a last ditch try. With this new station coming on and having reports from many people it became very clear few very few were getting it on other than a TV? Those that get it on a computer system are I think lucky and as they fine tune the transmisson to the proper configuration more computer based units will again get it just as they get the other stations on thier unit assuming signal reception is strong enough.:D

#73 ·
Global BC HD

I am responsible for getting the transmitter on the air. The foresight of our VP of Engineering for Canada (John O'Connor) is why it's happened. We have not been doing any tuning at all since I turned it on at 20:30 on Friday. I'm sure there will be issues with getting PSIP correct, and many other things.

Vic

#74 ·
Hi Vic

Thanks for joining the group!
Any idea when the news will be on in HD? At least the studio portions.

Greg

I am responsible for getting the transmitter on the air. The foresight of our VP of Engineering for Canada (John O'Connor) is why it's happened. We have not been doing any tuning at all since I turned it on at 20:30 on Friday. I'm sure there will be issues with getting PSIP correct, and many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.