Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Fox Digital Copy problems with Juno and AVP

17K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  Pigsticker 
#1 ·
Well my digital copy of Juno cannot be redeemed because when I enter the code, I get the message "This product is not available in the Canadian store." Am I doing something wrong?

#5 ·
Went to Fox Digital Copy site
Q: How do I contact Customer Support?
A: You call us Toll Free (866) 520-6606, or fill out our web form in our Support section. You may also review the Support section to find answers to common questions.
Number doesn't work!

#8 ·
Contacted the PR folks for 20th Century Fox in Canada and will let you know.

I was able to unlock Hitman Unrated which is a Fox title so I have a feeling this is just an oversight but the question is who's fault: Fox or Apple?

The following is my first misadventure with Digital Copy

Hands On with Digital Copy and Hitman Unrated

#10 ·
When I spoke to the PR person, they felt it was just an oversight and that Canadians should be able to get it. I'll report back when I hear

#12 ·
Figured It Out

Hello Fellas,

I figured it out.

I was really pissed when I could'nt get the damn thing to work. After all, I bought the damn thing... And to live in Canada and buy it? Sqreeeew that. BTW Blue Harvest Worked on My Canadian Account, what the hell gives? I also tried to contact FOX, and yeah it figures, the number doesnt work. Tried the apple forums, and it links you to the FOX website.

I just registered to tell you this. I too was very frusterated with the fact I payed for something and couldn't access it. I looked everywhere, and tried to come up with the conclusion to try to crack the software somehow, (The code just unlocks an unlocker from itunes to download it off the DVD you have.) It's like your paying to have your product behind a jail cell, and apple (which i called twice) to say you cant do anything about it... ********.

Okay Enough about that. It's easy.

Go to Itunes, Log out of your Canadian Account open a new one make sure your user is in the united states. Dont register a credit card. It will give you an option for this. Git er done with the download (same as instructions inside the DVD list). You may be thinking... "But this file is only for this account." It's downloaded into your comptuer... just search for "Juno." you will find the m4v file. Drag it to the desktop er whatever you want. Log out of the American Account and go Back into yours. its as easy as drag and drop.

Hope this helps...

#14 ·
you fake it. Unless you have to have it today, you may wish to wait a few days to see if Fox and Apple fix the problem or at least we confirm that it is intentional.

#18 ·
I just got the following message from Fox.

Dear Valued Customer,

Apple has aknowledged the issue with digital copy not working for Canadian customers and they are addressing it. Apple is working on this as fast as possible. For updates and any issues you are having with loading your digital copy to iTunes please go to apple.com/support.

Thank You,

FOX Digital Copy Support Team

#20 · (Edited)
This happened to me on AVP:Requiem (BD) i Bought at future crap today

got the file not found error and a receipt in my email showing the purchase (free) the check for purchases option says I have everything and nothing to download but each time I enter the disc i can re-enter the unlock code

heres the error i get after the disc spins up

heres a screen of the email i got even though I never got the file moved to iTunes

emailed Fox hope I get a reply by tomorrow I want this in iTunes for my Apple TV coming any day now

#21 ·
Well I tried it again last night. Basically got the same problem as Nyk0n. I received an email from Apple but not file was transferred. Tried it again this morning and it worked.

I think the idea of providing users with a copy for portable players is a good one but sadly the execution is so bad that I suspect most people will just continue to use p2p networks.

#24 · (Edited)
Perhaps, but many consumers only give it "one" chance and if the experience is negative, they tell two people who tell people and so on. Technology companies seem to be too eager to market poorly thought out, designed and tested products and/or services.

Imagine, this whole problem could have been avoided by simply having one Canadian test the redemption procedure! Just one, not a hundred - just one!

#25 ·
I got all excited today when I put in my serial number and was asked for my iTunes account password but after entering the password I got the message: "This item is no longer available in the iTunes store" or something like that. Tried it a second time and it worked. Yea! Thanks for everyone's support and efforts. I think we got Fox's and Apple's attention and hopefully it won't happen again.

#27 ·
Hey Hugh I am still getting the same errors as before and no replay from Fox yet another stange enough thing I see is when i doublclick the transfer to iTunes it not only opens iTunes but Safari too I use firfox so not sure why thats opening it doesnt go anywhere just stays on the home page

anyone have any idea's

#28 ·
I had a weird problem last night so I just shut down my system. This morning it worked and I think it was the reboot that cleared up my problem.

My advice is reboot your system (I know its a pain) and re-insert the disc and try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.