Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

A10 Grand Wega release dates

69K views 489 replies 107 participants last post by  baileyoc 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea when the A10 series of Grand Wega TVs will be available in Canada? Looks like the 50" is available in the US, with the 42" available shortly...

#77 ·
Tecumseh said:
Thanks
Tec
Sony in Oshawa centre now have both the 42A10 & the 50A10 on display. Great picture.
Salesman advises that 2 orders he has already received will ship nextweek.
Later orders will be the following week.
50" unit is ticketed at $3199.99, but sales guy seemed ready to cut this by $200 when informed that I was just starting to shop around.

#79 ·
FYI;
called SonyStore in Ottawa; they have the 50 inch A10 in stock but not yet on display. Listed at 3199, but on the phone, salesman dropped the price 250 dollars and when we discussed adding a 3 year service plan he came down another 100 dollars; total of 3550 after taxes (incl. the 3 years extended warranty) Figured if I could do that on the phone in 2 minutes, I could get another 200 off in a week or so in person.

Looking forward to hearing more reviews as people pick up this set....

#81 ·
johnac said:
You can read the reviews of rear-projection TV's on WWW.CNET.COM there are TV's better than the KFF-E50A10 (Depth of black still falls a bit short of last year's DLP TV's according to CNET)The price in the US1800, I think over CAN 3100 is too high.
LOL,
That guy is a paid employee of Samsung. He must be as he constantly over-rates the Samsungs and under-rates the Sony's. Either that or he is simply a bad reviewer.

#82 ·
I went to the Sony Store in St-Bruno, QC ans they have the new 42" on display. But I am looking for the KDFE50A10 50". The price seems to be set at 3199$ but they gave me a 10% discount right off the bat. Si i guess i can bring it down to 2800$, maybe 2700$ but i think it will be it.And the stand isn't included.

I was wondering if any of you have ever bought stuff like that throught the internet? And if so, if everything is ok. Also, I would like to actually see the TV before i buy it lol I assume the picture is as good as the 42", but who knows.

I have been told they should receive it by the end of the month. I can't wait cuz it seems to be the best tv out there. Everytime I compare picture with another brand, I always find that the Wega one is clearer & sharper.

#85 ·
nalbr0277 said:
hopefully you back up that remark with some more details...
Sorry. I played around with the menu a bit, the Iris was set to default of 2. I had the salesman turn off the lights in the small room, and turned off the sets around since I was getting reflection from them. The picture had a lot of noise, I'll assume that is the source. The black levels were not satisfactory for my tastes(at least from what I saw in that store). I have a DLP front projector that I'm starting to find doesn't have enough contrast and my screen's borders are black. The A10's borders are grey, and the cave scene in LOTR looked greyer than the grey borders. I also noticed SSE I guess people call it? The screen is sometimes visible in certain scenes(think that's SSE). Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty certain my disappointment stems from a poor source. They were playing Nascar 3D on DVD initially, and even that looked bad, colours seemed dull, lots of noise. Don't goto metrotown to checkout this set.

#86 ·
badkarma said:
Sorry. I played around with the menu a bit, the Iris was set to default of 2. I had the salesman turn off the lights in the small room, and turned off the sets around since I was getting reflection from them. The picture had a lot of noise, I'll assume that is the source. The black levels were not satisfactory for my tastes(at least from what I saw in that store). I have a DLP front projector that I'm starting to find doesn't have enough contrast and my screen's borders are black. The A10's borders are grey, and the cave scene in LOTR looked greyer than the grey borders. I also noticed SSE I guess people call it? The screen is sometimes visible in certain scenes(think that's SSE). Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty certain my disappointment stems from a poor source. They were playing Nascar 3D on DVD initially, and even that looked bad, colours seemed dull, lots of noise. Don't goto metrotown to checkout this set.

Futureshop is horrible for sending poor signals to televisions. It seems to always be the Sony's that get stuck with the "Futureshop HD Preview" sent over coaxial.....good ol' channel 4.

#88 ·
functor said:
Both the 42" and 50" are now on www.bestbuy.ca website. So it wont be long at all until they are in all Best Buy's and Futureshops.

Best Buy is listing the 50" @ $3199, and the 42" @ 2599

I don't have a BB or FS in my city. Someone should take a look on their way home from work to see if they are on display yet.
I am really interested in hearing about what prices people are buying them for. Apparently they're dropping quick in the good ole USofA. Hopefully that happens in Canada. :)

I was in Sony Store Ottawa (Rideau Centre) last night. They're in stock but the guy didn't want to talk to me given I said that I was going to wait until October to buy it. He slowly checked the price when asked but simply walked slowly to the computer and just checked the Sonystyle.ca website and gave me $2599.99 for the 42". What an ass! Then he said we'd talk when I'm closer to buying. I mean I'm looking for a significant discount and he might as well have started talking price yesterday with me if he expects a sale!

#100 ·
simonm said:
Yes, The Brick has it at $2880..anyone how long this sale is? Can't find anything on the Compusmart website about this TV at all..

Something is funny, the 42" is listed at $3240? Is this a mistake? Maybe they have the 42" and 50" price mix up
Hopefully The Brick didn't mix up the prices. 13 day shipping delay though. Maybe there is more competition in the 50" market and they got a better price?? It happened when I bought my Nikon Coolpix 5200 digital camera. My 5MP camera was cheaper than the 4MP one because they had excess inventory.

42" here: http://www.thebrick.com/Application...2DFBC312,F58AAAF1-88A6-48C7-8EDC-C592B7F48BE5

50" here: http://www.thebrick.com/Application...2DFBC312,F58AAAF1-88A6-48C7-8EDC-C592B7F48BE5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.