Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Inside Man on TMNHD

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Danster 
#1 ·
This turned out to be quite a good movie. There's some action and lots of twists and turns in the plot. The PQ and audio are a treat.....2 thumbs up....

#6 ·
OAR, but not DD5.1. My take on the movie is it was trying to be too clever by half. I didn't have a lot of stuff on the DVR, so I watched it. If my DVR had been full of material, probably wouldn't have. Not bad, just not great and it should have been better with all those actors.

#8 ·
One thing I forgot to ask. When watching the movie, the audio went weird a couple of times and the scene seemed to jump to the "next scene" at that time. Almost like a reel change (people remember those?) had occurred too early. Never noticed anything like it before... I don't think a major segment was missed, but it was weird.

#12 ·
I found one of the blips (about 1 hr 37 minutes into the movie, just before Jodie is about to walk into the "barber shop"). I discussed the issue with my contact at Astral. They are aware of this situation and it's caused by a hardware limitation. They are working on a fix with their hardware supplier and thanked us for the feedback.

My analogy of a "reel change" was apparently very accurate because not all movies fit onto a single tape for encoding onto the server.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.