Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Some new ITC HD on DN 61.5

9K views 56 replies 12 participants last post by  HDTV Junkee 
#1 ·
12559 H 20000 HD Locals from Wilmington N.C.
ABC 4130/4131
CBS 4386/4387
NBC 4642/4643
FOX 4898/4899
PBS 5154/5155

These scan in clear my my Pansat 9000.
They show up as Ch. A with Q and S at 98%.

But I have no picture or sound?

#3 ·
12559 H 20000 HD Locals from Wilmington N.C...
But I have no picture or sound?
They are all ITC. No editing of PIDs, SR, FEC necessary. These have been known for awhile and are visible/audible 24hrs/day. I am watching them now. I watched the Grammy's on the CBS station last night.

#5 ·
Small fortune? 2 receivers, dish, LNBs, cables = $325. Pretty small fortune. And I have all the networks via subscription anyway! But it's the technical challenge of beating the system that keeps you going.

#6 ·
Am at about 475$ so far (39" dish, motor and LNB = 175$. S10 receiver = 120$ 6 foot prime focus 180$). Luckily I get RG6 cable and f connectors free.

The receiver is in the man cave along w/ OTA, Hulu and netflix so am more than happy and entertained. The wife stays upstairs. The dog stays with me.

Cheers, K

#9 ·
No. These 5 are ITC on 61.5W now. The two recent Indian channels that I saw which were ITC disappeared weeks ago. I am also using an Openbox S9. Nothing to explain: if you scan 61.5W and edit per beginning of this thread, you can watch the 5 nets.

#10 ·
Looking for some help?

These nets scan in fine, show excellent S & Q, but I have no pic or sound.
I have scanned other ITC nets on 72 and 77 years ago but these will not show up.

If anyone has a Pansat 9000 or 9200 with picture and sound any help would be appreciated.

BTW the ITC HD channels on 118.8 are causing the same problem.

Thanks.

#12 ·
I just erased all my channels from 61.5W and did a clean new blind scan. You need to edit the frequency of the 12268 H 20000 blind scan result (5 channels on this tp) to 12559 H 20000. Without any further editing, the 5 nets are then immediately visible and audible.

#14 ·
Could be, but I don't know why they would do a preview of regular network stations. Don't they usually promote something they want you to buy?

#15 ·
If you liked those, try G28 at 89W (12196 H 2784). ABC HD from Nebraska.

#17 ·
The Openbox S9 doesn't allow you to edit transponder or channel data on the box. You must use an external editor on a PC. I use S9-loader_Editor_HD which you can find and download for free by entering that title into Google. I guess there are several programs available that can do this.

I use the ethernet network connection on the S9 to upload and download the file called tpprog.dbs to/from my PC. It is an elegant method. I can download the file to PC, edit it, upload the file back to the S9 in the time it takes for a commercial break to end. Actually, you can do it a lot faster than that.

#18 ·
I see... that is nice you can upload and make changes relatively quickly. The SV8000 also has a channel editor, and I use a USB stick to update / make changes. I saw NBC coming in like I mentioned, and I moved it from 12668 to 12559 in my editor, but it still didn't work. I did get it to work on my AZ Box by entering in the PID info, so maybe I'll just have to watch any programming on the Peacock Network on there (although I have to physically change an A/B switch, which I can't remotely do either when watching things on my phone / tablet).

#19 ·
You say you "...moved it from 12668 to 12559 in my editor...". I presume you meant 12268 (typo). With my S9, I don't move the channel to a different tp; I literally just edit the tp frequency of 12268 to 12559 and all channels appear.

#21 ·
A modest Ku-band dish (30" or larger?) should be fine since these unscrambled signals are coming from Dish network's satellite. Best to have a circular LNB for strongest signal reception. They are DVB-S. I have 75% quality always in any weather with a 1-metre dish and circular LNB duct taped to the side of my linear LNB.

#24 ·
There is no guarantee how long they will last, but it's fun while they're here. I guess that old dish is optimized for these Dish tps.

#25 ·
I'm amazed how solid these signals are! I stream them to my TV upstairs via the Sling Catcher, and I can change channels on the AZ Box using my RF remote! There are no dropouts, and everything looks crystal clear, even when streaming the HD signal wirelessly over the home network!

Long live technology!!!

#26 ·
I put up an old DN dish with lnb"s , I thought i would try to hit 61.5 while these channels are ITC , I dont understand the skew i found on dish pointer. -37.5 degrees. The dish I put up doesnt go negative numbers so which way do i go ? Sounds like a newbie question, but I dont have much experience with these. :eek:

#27 · (Edited)
-37.5 degrees skew means you stand in front of the dish, facing the dish, then rotate the LNB clockwise 37.5 degrees. Or, standing behind the dish, the LNB will be rotated counterclockwise (negative skew).

That sounds about right for you to hit 61.5W since you are roughly between 92 to 94 degrees W longitude in Arkansas. I'm sure you'll get a strong signal with that DN dish.

Added: 61.5W is a satellite that requires a circular LNB. Why would you need to skew a circular LNB? Isn't' that only necessary for a linear LNB?

#28 ·
After reviewing the thread's comments (above) a couple weekends ago, I put out in the backyard the pizza pan dish that I found laying out on garbage day a couple of years back. Took off the linear LNB that I had on previously for the Patient Channel TP -- and put on the circular LNB. Scanned with the S9-- no problem.

My expectation is that after the DN promotion is over at the end of February that most (if not all) of these ITC channels across all DN sats will disappear.

Would be nice if they stuck around for a while, but I would think highly unlikely.

PS. No skew -- circular (11250)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.