Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Season 7 of "24" Discussion

18K views 164 replies 45 participants last post by  MCI 
#1 ·
Season 7 begins on Sunday, January 11 - 8pm ET/PT with a 2-night, 4-hour premiere. The premiere concludes the following evening on January 12 - 8pm ET/PT.

Subsequent episodes of 24 will broadcast Mondays - 9pm ET/PT, starting
January 19.

For those that missed it: 24: Redemption, the 2-hour movie event will air again on Sunday, January 4, 2009 on Global

#37 ·
Also, everytime Jack makes a suggestion, Tony backs him up; maybe the burial is a 'dual' test? If there was no plastic sheet cover, Renée would be 'gone'; plastic is no 'decomposition accelerant'....the last thing you would put on a body if your goal was to make it 'disappear' as quickly as possible. It does however provide a minimal air pocket and keeps your lungs clear of soil particles...

#40 ·
I've come to accept that there are lots of things in 24 that just don't add up. If you think about the format, the whole premise that all this stuff could actually happen in 24 hours is ludicrous. Shrinking everything down to real time gives us the illusion that this the show is jam-packed with non-stop action.

This example about killing Walker the FBI agent is a good example. Why would they bother to take a detour to go to an abandoned construction site. They could have shot her right in their truck or at the embassy in order to bring the Prime Minister to his destination more quickly.

#43 ·
When I first heard about the first season of '24', I thought that it would be stupid and not make any sense, because not a lot happens in just one day. But here I am 6 seasons later still enjoying the show immensely. This show is pure entertainment with non-stop action. Who cares if none of the characters ever sleeps, eats or needs to take a washroom break for a full 24 hours? Its TV, nothing is ever real. Even so-called reality shows are edited to make for better TV.

By the way, they didn't kill the FBI agent at the embassy because Jack or Tony mentioned that they should find out first if the guy in the hospital only told said FBI agent about the embassy mission. And yes they could have just killed her in the van when they found out the FBI only knew about the embassy mission and none of their other dastardly plans.

#41 ·
Yeah, the 24 hour real time is a bit over the time. For instance, in the last episode, it took what? half an hour for the Attorney General to come down on the FBI for torturing the suspect in hospital? The government sure moves fast.

And whilst I'm on the subject, the "torture" thing is already beginning to wear thin with me. OK, we get it, the FBI doesn't torture anybody. Good. Let's move on.

#46 ·
Regarding the presidential press conference taking place right before 24, I actually found it somewhat humourous contrasting Obama's remarks on torture, following the rule of law, respecting the Geneva convention, etc... then an hour later you see Jack Bauer's no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners, do whatever it takes to complete the mission approach in how he handles terrorist events :)

#53 ·
Jack is one of the few people who sees the world the way it actually is...you can't negotiate with terrorists, and he just does what is necessary to preserve home soil. We need people in REAL LIFE that think the same way IMO:rolleyes:

#55 ·
This season is starting to creep towards being 'a little' over the top ;)

They *really* need the small dose of humanity Renee Walker's character adds to the show, because without her, 90% of the entire show would simply be the chronicles of Jack Bauer acting like an emotionless automaton doing everything and anything he deems necessary towards achieving his objective, which to be honest, gets kind of predictable after awhile.

#57 ·
Agree. This season is all about the "soft" FBI agent and the "cold" Jack Bauer.

I also, for some reason, find it the least interesting season. Maybe the whole thing has run its course. I mean, the last episode, I was thinking it was all over already and then Tony neatly comes along and says..."Oh yeah, there's a new threat."

#58 ·
Great season so far, the writing has been excellent, still the fastest show on TV. After watching 24, it's hard to stay motivated for other shows, really enjoy NCIS, and the Fringe is a great surprise, I wish they would wrap up LOST, it moves along like a snail, and just lost it's teeth, I can't believe they are milking this thing for another 1 and 1/2 seasons.
Next weeks 2 hour 24 looks smokin, can't wit to see how this plays out. Heard whispers some one dies, who has been a regular coming up next weel or week after, and I believe they bring in Jon Voight's character next week.

#67 ·
Only thing I thought was odd, Jack handing over that memory chip to some random pilot instead of holding onto it himself. If they can't trust some members of the President's admin why can they trust a random officer. Also the bit about reformatting the FBI's entire server room was laughable.

#68 ·
I don't even get started with poking holes in the plot, because the entire show would pretty much fall to pieces upon the slightest bit of scrutiny - I just turn off the critical thinking portion of my brain when watching the show :p

If we devoted a thread to all the unbelievable/implausible or plain impossible events that happens every single episode, we could get quite a high-traffic, lively discussion going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.