Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

BellTV Remote Control Discussions - Please read Post 1

493K views 672 replies 200 participants last post by  17671 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Edit by 57. Please see posts 1, 27, 28 of this thread for basic instructions. If you need more, please read the operating manual for your STB since it also has instructions for the remote. If you still have issues, feel free to post here.

See also the following regarding UHF remotes:

BellTV Remote Control Discussions - Please read Post 1

Need to program remote for your TV ?
These usually work
1- press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
2- enter code from the table in the manual
3- press #

Remote will flash 3 times ....done

Popular codes
Sony 500
Sanyo 683
Samsung 516
Jvc 557
Citizen 720
Daewoo 719
Hitachi 585

Perform a device scan to test all codes:
All other tv's ( while tv is on )
1-Press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
2-Press (tap) the scroll up button repeatedly til tv shuts off and press one more time
3-Press (tap) the scroll down button one or twice slowly to get tv to go back on.
4- press the # button and remote will flash 3 times... done

Vcr is the same method.

See less See more
#323 ·
There are 3 'F' connectors on the rear of a 2700;

1 for Sat IN
1 for TV OUT

What is the 3rd for.?

EDIT:

It is marked Antenna/Cable IN.

It must be a pass-through for Cable TV, so when you turn the 2700 off, you can watch Cable or Antenna via the same Input.

So, it does NOT have a UHF Remote Antenna Port.

#325 ·
4100 Remote Issues - Light Staying On

We have an old 3500 where we bought a replacement remote back on Boxing day (4100 remote) and it has worked great up until last night. Last night for no reason the "TV" button at the top lit up and stayed lit and nothing works on the remote.

We changed the batteries and that did nothing.

This is not a button that is ever pressed ... was initially to set the code for the TV, but nothing since. Any ideas?

I called Bell to see if it represented something and they suggested turning the remote so that the buttons faced the ground and "lightly smash it" to see if that fixed it. Nice technical advice.

Thanks!

#327 ·
Anyone else having problems with remote or PVR signal

I came back to Bell TV f(rom Shaw Direct), because they offered me a real good package with 4 super channels and a free pvr....all for $67.00/month. However, when I started to use the remove and pvr (right after the installer left) I noticed that the remote control or the pvr had a mind of it's own, and would work when it felt like it. I called Bell, and they sent me a new remote with new batteries. It's better than the first remote, but at times, it still jams and becomes useless. Anyone else having this kind of problem with their remotes or pvr. I'm starting to wonder if it's not the pvr that should be replaced.:rolleyes:

#328 ·
Which receiver?

I'm assuming the 9241 since that's what Bell's giving away to everyone.

That remote works on RF. There is a little antenna at the back of the receiver. The problem I've found is EVERYTHING interferes with the signal, resulting in the situation you have.

My solution was to switch the remotes setting to IR only. You do this by removing the battery cover, and sliding the grey piece of plastic out, flipping it to the black side, and putting it back in.

The remote is now in IR only mode. While this limits you to being line-of-sight with your receiver, I've found that I rarely used the remote outside of it anyways.

If this won't work for you, try buying a signal amp, plugging the antenna into that and with a short cable run that into the PVR. That has dramatically improved RF performance for me in the past.

TTYL

#330 ·
Bell remote control doesnt work properly

Hello,
I have a 6400HD receiver and remote control is 5.4IR
I am using this receiver with samsung 530 59" tv.

The problem is that my remote control wont work sometimes. It is programmed to operate my TV as well and those buttons (volume and power) work all the time. However, sometimes when I try to push GUIDE or BROWSE buttons nothing happens. Same is with other receiver buttons. The, If I wait a bit and try it again, it works. It is very sporadic and you never know what it'll work.....any ideas?
greatly appreciated.

note that Belll has mailed me the second remote and the same thing happens with this one.

#333 ·
repatch : Ok, I've removed the back door to the battery compartment of the remote, as well as the 4 batteries. I don't see the grey piece of plastic you're talking about. However, there is a screw, and there is a black piece of plastic sandwiched in there, is that what you're talking about ? There's also a little plug in area that has an A and a B on each side..don't know what that's for. Could you be a little more specific about the grey piece of plastic I should remove ?
Thanks for your help.

#340 ·
My HDTV is a PLASMA, and is in my basement playroom where there is very little direct light. The remote is new (about a month old), and the pvr is the model 9241. I succeeded in removing the piece of plastic that repatch was talking about (DOH !! Embarrassed how simple it was lol) and the remote now works flawlessly, in fact, even if I point the remote away from the tv, it works....go figure. So repatch, I owe you a beer.;) Thanks for helping out, all of you.
Later

#346 ·
Should be there in Section (i) alternate way to get to Sys Info is MENU, 6, 1, 3.

You would need them all set to the same Remote Address, so first thing to know, is what the existing one is set to, which should be visible on that System Info Screen. Then you will need to set the new Remote to that address.

Is the new remote a direct replacement for the old ones or is it a different model.?