Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Apparently, I Signed Up for Paper-Free Billing...

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Gamer12 
#1 ·
I received an e-mail from Shaw Direct saying that I'd signed up for paper-free billing. But I didn't. I *did* enter that contest for the free 530, but I did that two weeks ago and definitely didn't tick the box for getting paper-free billing. I phoned Shaw Direct and I'm waiting for a call back from the person who apparently added paper-free billing to my account to find out how that happened.

I'm curious, has this happened to anyone else recently? Where they received a notification that they'd signed up for paper-free billing when they didn't?

The Hans

#3 ·
Yes, this occurred to me also, didn't receive my paper bills for three months...I contacted them when they discontinued my service letting me know I hadn't paid them.

They stated they sent me e-bills which was going to an incorrect email address?

I had asked when/who switched me to paperless, and said I did...which did not occur, therefore I let them know that since I did not make any changes I will have to contact Canada Post and inquire if there is mail tampering.

SD became quite nervous about this.

#5 ·
^^^^
It does reduce the cost of providing service, which may eventually reach you. However, for me, the biggest advantage is not having to deal with all that paper every month. I can even configure my email filters to sort them for me.

Where they received a notification that they'd signed up for paper-free billing when they didn't?
IIRC, I was sent a confirmation e-mail with a link that had to be clicked on to activate paperless billing. Without doing that, the paper bills don't stop.

#9 ·
mr weather - I am on the OVP as well and when the salesmen sold me this package it was contingent that you go paperless for billing. IE. you were enrolled fromt eh start. You had to have given them an email address when you signed up. You e-bills are being sent there and what you owe is being automatically deducted from the credit card you signed up with them.

#8 ·
I received the email as well.... I called them about but the rep had no idea why I received it without signing up.

Must be a mass mail from SD.

As far as the $5.00 credit or two PPV's - you only get this with paper billing PLUS auto payment.

Cheers

#12 ·
So, a couple more people got paper-free billing without signing up? Sorry, but that's what I'm trying to find out (see original post) because I think it's weird that this happened when I didn't sign up for it.

Some other posts are dealing with other issues about paper-free billing and billing in general. These things aren't really on this topic, no offence, really.

My point with this thread is to figure out if this has happened to other people who get paper bills normally and suddenly were signed up for paper-free billing without doing it. And are aware that this happened to them. Shaw Direct e-mailed the rep who (apparently) made this change on my account, but he has yet to contact me. I just think you can never be too careful when things involving your identity happen without your knowledge.

The Hans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.