Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Homeland - Showtime Series

67K views 155 replies 54 participants last post by  Zank Frappa 
#1 ·
Coming in October . Looks interesting. Anyone know if a Canadian channel has picked it up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(TV_series)

"Homeland is an upcoming American psychological thriller television series created by Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Gideon Raff. The series stars Claire Danes as Carrie Anderson, a CIA operations officer who has come to believe that an American Marine, who was held captive by Al-Qaeda as a prisoner of war, was turned by the enemy and now poses a significant risk to national security.

The series will be broadcast in the United States on the cable channel Showtime, and is produced by Fox 21. It is due to premiere on October 2, 2011."

#7 ·
hi everyone I came here looking for info b'cuz we watched the first ep on Showtimes website and it looks great. But we dont have Sho on our U.S. TV so we need TMN to show this! I just looked at TMN's website but didn't see it. Has anyone heard anything??

You can see the first ep here:

http://www.sho.com/site/homeland/home.sho

except maybe not if you're in Canada I've heard before that only people in the US can see that site, sorry. :-(

#20 ·
I was getting some of the pvr back log clear and I watched the first 2 eps of Homeland, and I think I will stick with it. The show is more slow paced then say strike back but so far so good. Its also nice to see Mandy Patinkin. Ive missed him ot tv ever since he left criminal minds.

#27 ·
Agreed! With Breaking Bad gone for a while, this is now the best drama on TV (albeit, kinda hard to find in Canada).
In his inimitable way, Bill Simmons posted a recap of last week's episode (Episode 7 - the one at the cabin).
Some nice twists and turns the last couple of episodes; I just hope they have an end game in mind and don't go "The Killing" on us.
I have trepidation because the principles behind the show are from "24" - which was brutal for just making crap up as they went along, hoping it'd all make sense at the end (which it never did).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.