Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

9242 reboot itself and impossible to complete

13K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dhauschi 
#1 ·
Hi,

Note that I'm french... maybe that I did few error in my message !

I have a RVP HD 9242, and often it reboot itself...

It refuse to complete a reboot initialization!
When reboot, there is no output to the TV via HDMI, Composite, Component, and the green light on front goes on accompanied by loud fan noise every couple of minutes, stays on for a bit, and then shuts off again.

It resumes this reboot just before seen the screen message where normally we see the breakdown of 5 steps (with transpounder and satellitte number)

Never I can see this windows...

It continually restarts...Sometimes 10 to 15 times

- I tried to hold a button POWER while 5 second to resetting...
- I tried to unplug and plug a 110Volts
- I tried to unplug and plug a SW44
- I tried to wait 2 hours ...

I did not notice any causal relationship has effect !
Sometimes, after one or two reboot the RVP accept to complete restarts
Sometimes after 10 to 15 reboot.

When Sucesfull to complete a rebbot, then I can watch a show for a few hours, but within 10 or 15 minutes later will go back into the reboot loop.

Does anyone know a solution to this or experienced this problem ?

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Just posted this in another topic, might as well here too:

Argh, my 9242 will not stop rebooting anymore. I've yet to get the new smart cards either.

It seems to turn off. Suddenly the fans go full speed for about a minute, then the green light turns on. 'Bout a minute later the fans stop, but the green light turns off too. I hit the power button, nothing. I press the power button on the receiver, nothing. I reset it manually, same result. The damn thing will not turn on anymore.

What the heck is going on? Looks like mine is going back too.

#6 ·
We have the same problems with the 9242. We are now awaiting our 2nd replacement. Don't know what is causing it but Bell just sends us a new one when it happens. We thought it might be because we turn off the power bar at night to save power. But Bell said this shouldn't be a problem. Our 1st 9242 lasted almost a year and the 2nd only 5 months. Always wondered if anyone one was having the same problem.

#10 ·
I have had the same issue. I have 2 9242 replaced both now one of the replacements is randomly rebooting again. Called tech support got the run around. They refuse to replace the receiver and want to charge me 75 to have a technician come to my home. I have never seen worse support from a company in my life. I'm renting the receivers on 2 year contract with about 1 year left. I would love to dump them but I think I'm stuck for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.