Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Fringe (Fox, A Channel)

Tags
fox fringe
46K views 263 replies 75 participants last post by  Exid0r 
#1 ·
On FOX in the US, and CTV and A-Channels in Canada.

Not a bad series opener. The opening scene was one of the most intense opening scenes that I can remember. JJ Abrams (Lost, Alias) is involved with this show so I'm not surprised.

Verily, this show is eerily reminiscent of The Twilight Zone and X-Files. I hope it can carve it's own identity and niche. If it can do that, it has a chance.

#75 ·
It is soooooo derivative of X-Files that it almost goes without saying, right down to the opening theme and graphics. Maybe in the future there will be a jump-the-shark moment with Scully, Mulder, Doggett, or Reyes showing up, or maybe the Lone Gunmen!

Still though we love Fringe.

#86 ·
Yeah, that's going to be a long wait. The blame probably goes to American Idol.

Interesting to see another level in the story unfold tonight (though that's a complex world is to be expected with JJ Abrams involvement). Can't wait for the new ones in April. Blasted AI...

#93 ·
"Spot the bald guy" - that's great, I really hadn't noticed him in every episode, my wife pointed him out in the most recent one. Here's a good video compilation of all his appearances so far:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=62590

Some of those are very brief (1/2 second reflection!), you'd have to be looking very hard, and probably miss some other plot element instead.

I'd like to see an assemblage of all of Walter's random non sequiturs ("uh oh... I just got an erection")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.