Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Speed HD

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  majortom 
#1 ·
I have heard you can get Speed HD off galaxy 12 with an FTA box.

What Type LNB would you need for Galaxy 12? Would a BELL LNB work? What size dish?

#2 ·
Dont know what Pinza what talking about with Galaxy 12. Took a look on Lyngsat and that satellite as nothing in it right now. Maybe it was old information and Galaxy 12 changed purpose since.

For jdevlin : if it would of been there, no you cannot pick it up with a bell lnb nor dish. You need a linear lnb and about 30'' dish minimum if the channel is on a KU band transponder. If it's C band, you will the big ol'dish.

#3 ·
Speed Channel HD
English us Galaxy 12
133.0° W C-Band FTA 3780 DVB-S V 30000 QPSK 5/6 4.2.0
This info was pulled from this Forums Sponsors' Channel Listing.

Sorry if the info is wrong, I was only going on info provided by Dr Sat's links.

I hope it is still there, I wanted this too.

#5 ·
if you want F1 racing their use to be a live raw feed back in the day for Speed and TSN and it was on C band but that was like 20 years ago. I am sure F1 is still feed to Speed via a live feed either C band or Ku. I was told once where to find it but forgot, but think the feed was on a Galaxy satellite...

#6 ·
The info looks right, just the mux has been reconfigured. It's now
galaxy 15 133W
3900 V 31250
DVB-S2 8PSK

It comes and goes.

#8 ·
occassionally, another Fox mux will show up ITC on
Galaxy 17 91W
4160 H 31250
DVB-S2 8PSK
with the same or similar channels.
Again, comes & goes, worth checking out from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.