Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Illico box not recording or able to rewind etc

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EnderWiggin 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Strange happenings - My Illico box ( the HD PRV ) started acting a bit wonky last night. It would change channels totally fine, but it would not record, nor rewind, pause, stop.

This morning I decided to unplug it, counted to 15 and then plugged it back in again, and that seemed to have fixed it.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Funny thing too, - I have 2 of these units, and for the last 2 weeks, the other one refuses to tape Survivor every Wed night. I had it set to tape every week. Last week 10 minutes before the show was to start, I checked the guide, and the show was not scheduled for recording. How strange is that. Seems to be the only show that refuses to record.

Dave.

#2 ·
How old is the PVR? Do you have an eHDD (external Hard Disk Drive)? If it's more than a couple of years old, you may be experiencing the start of HDD failure. If you get any other messages or weird noises, that could be it. Do you own or rent?

I can't comment on Survivor other than perhaps to delete the scheduled recording and set a new one.

#3 ·
Hi 57,

The PVR is about a year old. Hmm not even, it was put in, in October.

No exernal hard drives installed / attached to the PVR.

The unplugging it, seemed to fix the problem, however if it keeps happening I will get it replaced.

Thankfully I RENTED it. Funny thing, the installer from Videotron told me it's a good thing to rent because they have so many problems with these boxes, I shrugged it off at the time, but now I'm very glad I am only renting.

thanks for your help 57.

#5 ·
I've had this problem every so often for about the last year. It actually happened again last night. Scheduled recordings wouldn't start, in fact they were not highlighted in that ugly menu anymore, wouldn't take even when pressing the record button. Had to reboot and then I could record again.

Never know when this hits but every month or two I get burned.

BTW I do have an external WD DVR Extender.

I here Bell Fibe knocking at the door!

-r

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.