Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

GolTV HD in Canada, finally

Tags
canada goltv
39K views 109 replies 19 participants last post by  Digital79 
#1 ·
#85 · (Edited)
Real Sports Joke

Hi all, new member here. I subscribed to Real Sports via the Xbox Live App a few weeks ago. I have had horrible Pic Quality since doing so. I have sent them several emails, describing my Wireless router set up etc etc. So this Wknd, i hooked (via Cat 5 Cable), my Xbox directly to my Modem, i am getting 15 MB Download via that Modem on a bad day. Have had Netflix for ages etc etc. Even hooked directly into my Modem i am getting 2 bars, peaking to 3 bars of Video Quality, The only response i have had is that the Streaming Techs at Real Sports advises that the stream should now be at the Highest Quality, which is a Generic Response by some Bot in my opinion. Sorry to see lots of others on here are having a Heck of a time with that Quality Stream as well.

;););)

#87 ·
Hi all, new member here. I subscribed to Real Sports via the Xbox Live App a few weeks ago. I have had horrible Pic Quality since doing so. I have sent them several emails, describing my Wireless router set up etc etc. So this Wknd, i hooked (via Cat 5 Cable), my Xbox directly to my Modem, i am getting 15 MB Download via that Modem on a bad day. Have had Netflix for ages etc etc. Even hooked directly into my Modem i am getting 2 bars, peaking to 3 bars of Video Quality, The only response i have had is that the Streaming Techs at Real Sports advises that the stream should now be at the Highest Quality, which is a Generic Response by some Bot in my opinion. Sorry to see lots of others on here are having a Heck of a time with that Quality Stream as well.

;););)
After 4 weeks of Non HD Quality Footie, i have dropped Real Sports, if i am going to watch the games in poor quality, i will subscribe to Bell Exress Vu Digital, at least its Consistent with its Digital Poor Quality.. This is False Advertising in my Opinion, they say its HD but its not, well best of luck to all those that continue to subscribe i guess..

#91 ·
just update for whoever still follows this, DO NOT get this, Saturday couldnt get HD, Sunday it was DOWN , played 2 min and the VIDEO error, considering i need this app for La Liga mainly and weekends, i am 100% not getting it, 7$ a month for something that doesnt work !!!

#92 ·
Pooya, contact RealSports and Microsoft ...

I tried and tried to get help when it first came out,
they answer but just pass the info to engineers.

They sure have figured out how to get our money,
but need some help providing the service.

I still feel like they owe me the $65,
the gold membership fee plus service for all channels for one month.

At least a couple months free GOLTV would be nice if they ever fix it.

#93 ·
I only had 1 bar for saturdays game as well but for todays game i had full hd the whole time. I usually get full hd for every game but occasionally i get the game where its only 1 bar and its horrible but its still better than what i watch on tv.
Anybody know when it'll be available as an actual channel for cable/satellite?

#94 ·
Al-Jazeera to start sports channels:

DOHA, Qatar -- Al-Jazeera will launch two sports channels in the United States in August, a move that could cause league games in Spain and Italy to disappear from many cable systems.

The Qatar-based broadcaster said it has obtained rights to Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A and France's Ligue 1 as well as the Copa America and South American qualifying matches for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The launch could set the stage for an attempt to win the rights to the more popular Premier League when it comes on the market this year for the 2013-14 season.

The network will be called beIN Sports USA. Managing director Youssef Mohammad al-Obaidly said the channels will be "a new way of watching sports, a better way."

The network is in "the last stages of negotiation with different providers, having secured two major deals so far that will bring the channel to subscribers' homes on Aug. 1," he said.

However, given the short time before the start of next season to strike deals with Multiple System Operators, La Liga and Serie A may lose much of their U.S. distribution. That would lessen the American visibility of stars such Barcelona's Lionel Messi, Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Fox Soccer and its second channel, Fox Soccer Plus, had televised the Serie A since the 2007-08 season, when Fox took over rights following a splintered package that had GolTV owning the home games of most teams and Fox owning the rights to home games of Lazio, Lecce, Treviso and Cagliari. Fox's channels televised Ligue 1 the past two seasons, obtaining the French telecasts without a rights fee.

GolTV has had La Liga rights since the 2004-5 season, when it took over from Fox. It sublicensed some games to ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.com.

The loss leaves the German Bundesliga as GolTV's only major European league under a deal runs through the 2014-15 season. GolTV also has rights to league games in Brazil and Argentina.

Fox retains rights to the two most-watched European soccer properties. It will televise the UEFA Champions League through 2014-15 after taking over in August 2009 from ESPN, which had held U.S. rights since 1994-95.

Fox has televised the Premier League since 1998, sublicensing some rights to ESPN since August 2009. Fox's Premier League deal runs through the 2012-13 season, and Al-Jazeera could bid for the next three-year package.

In addition, Fox takes over the second-tier Europa League next season from GolTV under a three-year deal through 2014-15.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7954240/al-jazeera-launch-2-sports-channels-us

#98 ·
Don't know where thye will get the feeds from (or even whether they will continue to show Liga games. All I know is that according to the guy who runs the CanadaSoccerTV blog, who's pretty reliable, he got a tweet from BeIN saying:

beIN Sports does NOT hold media rights to La Liga or Serie A in Canada and has no intention of pursuing those rights. beIN Sports USA will not be available in Canada. No intention of applying for CRTC licence

#107 ·
I agree, but if it's consistently good these days I'd seriously consider it, especially now that they may be showing more Bundesliga to compensate for the lack of La Liga. If you have a chance over the weekend, would you mind checking to see what the quality is like during one of the Bundesliga matches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.