Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fibe TV 2012 New Channels Discussion

60K views 123 replies 44 participants last post by  hercules130 
#1 ·
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels coming to Fibe TV in 2012.

There is an active thread in the Bell Satellite TV forum for discussing new channels, so please use that thread for satellite. Fibe TV has most of the channels that satellite has, but the lineups are not identical and the channel numbers are different.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Fibe TV but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Bell has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

#2 ·
Bell Fibe TV should add CFPL-TV (CTV2) London, Ontario, WDIV (NBC), WXYZ-TV (ABC), WWJ-TV(CBS), WJBK-TV(Fox) and WTVS (PBS) Detroit, Michigan for Bell Fibe TV customers in the Windsor/London corridor.

Bell Fibe TV should add CHEX-TV (CBC) Peterborough, Ontario to its Fibe tv line for Bell fibe TV customers in Toronto & Peterbough area.

Bell Fibe TV should add CKWS-TV (CBC) Kingston, Ontario to its Fibe tv line for Bell fibe TV customers in the Kingston & Ottawa area.

#12 ·
Cardiac: The bundles they are discussing are Channels Bundles from fibeTV, not multi-services ones like you posted in the other thread.

On the FibeTV site, if you select Ontario as the province, you'll see the programming options are much more limited and are called Good, Better, Best

#15 ·
My experience has been that any new channels added by Bell Fibe are automatically included in each STB customized guide. This is the case for both new channels available in preview, and new channels that are part of a package that I don't subscribe to. So while flipping I'll see a program listing that interests me, select it, and find that the program is not available to me.

Then I go through the "Customize Guide" procedure to eliminate them from my guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.