Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

NFL Network HD on Shaw?

12K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  colinpeddle 
#1 ·
I'm sure a few people out there have ask Shaw about NFL Network HD, as I am one of them, but I was wondering how many of us are really out there.

Who out there are interested in NFLNHD? What have you gotten as resonances from Shaw as to why they will not pick it up even though other companies, like Telus, do have it?

Maybe if they see that there is a lot of us that want it, it might not be as hard as getting a brand new channel as they have the SD channel already.

#2 ·
meh. I feel about it the same way I do about the NHL network.

If there's a team I really want to follow (or I like having access to vast array of games) I'd subscribe to NFL sunday ticket or NHL centre ice.

Otherwise they just carry a few games the networks don't, but usually ones I don't care about.

#5 ·
The one argument for Shaw not getting NFL Network HD is that the games they play on there are picked up by The Score anyways, but for me, there is a lot more content on there that I would like to watch in HD than just the games. It still just sucks to see other providers have it and Shaw not have it and for them to tell me they have not plans on getting it anytime soon.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't think they said they got rid of hdnet because no one watched it. I think they got rid of hdnet because it was phasing into a new channel in the next few months. There carriage agreement ended and they didn't renew for the new channel.

I somewhat doubt W HD was a swap out for hdnet. It just happened to get added around the same time hdnet got pulled.

It's not like Shaw has to negotiate carriage agreements with the channels they cover or anything. Sounds like they wanted to play Wait and See for AXS TV (what hdnet is becoming). Why lock into a new carriage agreement on expensive terms when you don't even know if people will want the channel in 6 months.

#11 ·
I'm another one who would like the NFL network in HD! What I don't understand is, Shaw cable doesnt offer the NFL network in HD BUT, they offer the Big 10 network in HD! I know college football is big in the states but I can't imagine that it's popularity matches the popularity of the NFL in Canada.

#13 ·
I requested it long ago when MTS in Winnipeg started carrying it in October 2011. It is another one that is licensed and ready to go for HD Feeds like CBC Newsworld and TCM, (and Hollywood Suite) but which Shaw has inexplicably not added.

I prefer the NFL channel Gameday pregame show to the others but am getting tired of watching it in SD.

It also was part of the reason I never switched to personalizer as it would have been additional money to get the sports pack that had it included.
SteveB1976, I never understood adding the Big10 network either, but then I am partial to the SEC as far as NCAA sports go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.