I can't take it outside. I don't have a boom long enough. This thing is 15.5 ft. long. I used the truss beam holding up the roof as my boom. You see I wanted to build a bigger yagi but I didn't have anything to use as the boom. Then I thought why not use the truss beam as the boom. I was using the beam to lash my K6STI to so it was pointed in the right direction more or less.
Yes, I was thinking to use the K6STI model to find the best signal in the attic, which so far I think is probably better near the front of the attic where I always put it. What I should do is station the K6STI along the length of the yagi again and monitor for a longer interval than I originally did to confirm.
As for the driven element I wasn't sure what to use there. So I just used the lengths specified by ve7bqh but I used the swept back outline from the K6STI model. I slapped it together hurredly so I took it down and i'm gonna redo it more carefully. I'm also going to make a straight split dipole version to test. I was up there yesterday and I bent one of the DE elements forward a bit and noticed a jump in ch9 signal so I want to look into that more. Finally i've built a couple of SBGH antennas out of skid strapping as well as the DE of the K6STI which works. I've had excellent results with my SBGH builds as well. So I'm not totally convinced that it can't be made to work. For now I will try to keep using it.
chimney mnt: RS Mini-State ** Attic: Kross GY-TVA003/Philips SW2083W/17 preamp **Attic: Gen1 SBGH+CM0064