Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Should we post here in MM or Inches?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  300ohm 
#1 ·
How would you like me to list my dimensions for antenna design?

Since this is a Canadian Forum, is 180mm (7.0 in) OK? If it was an American Forum with Canadian members, I would use 7.0 in (180mm).

How do I describe 3/4" or 1" PVC pipe? I have searched other forums, and see dimensions listed both ways.

Thanks

#2 ·
How would you like me to list my dimensions for antenna design?

Since this is a Canadian Forum, is 180mm (7.0 in) OK? If it was an American Forum with Canadian members, I would use 7.0 in (180mm).

How do I describe 3/4" or 1" PVC pipe? I have searched other forums, and see dimensions listed both ways.
Good point. Is 1inch pvc pipe sold in Canada as 25.4mm pvc pipe ??

Pretty much if you list the units, everyone knows what your talking about. Except maybe the old Canadian Imperial units. :p:D

#4 ·
I needed wooden jigs to hold the pvc and keep it straight, and make assembly quick.
Yep, jigs are very handy for assembling this antenna. Also, as I noted earlier in this thread, using Plumbers Goop or Locktite Plumbers and Marine Adhesive will give about 45 minutes working time with pvc. The downside with that stuff is that it takes about 24-48 hours for a full set, and a week to get rock hard. So you have to be gentle with the assembly for a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.