: Can't Get CoAx connector off - Help!

mikekakuk
2008-11-24, 04:34 PM
I must have screwed on the coax connector too tight and probably uneven. Now when I try to unscrew it the connector and the part it screws into move together. Any ideas on how to get this off? I have been trying to hold the top part with pliers and unscrew the bottom but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have a Panasonic th50px75

2008-11-24, 04:38 PM
You need to somehow hold both pieces - the port and the cable end. That may require going into the TV - depends if there's enough outside the TV to "grab".

You may need professional help. If you twist the part attached to the TV, you may break the connection inside the TV and do serious damage.

eljay
2008-11-24, 04:39 PM
A pair of needle-nose pliers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle-nose_pliers), perhaps?

Host
2008-11-25, 07:50 AM
If it is still functioning ok, a temporary fix until the connector inside the TV can be tightened down is to cut the cable about 2 feet from the TV and put on a new connector and into a coupler to accept another new cable into the coupler.

jayoldschool
2008-11-25, 02:07 PM
If it is still functioning ok, a temporary fix until the connector inside the TV can be tightened down is to cut the cable about 2 feet from the TV and put on a new connector and into a coupler to accept another new cable into the coupler.
That's a great idea!

I you are determined to get it off, I would try a Dremel tool. Be careful...

Onslow
2008-11-25, 02:10 PM
Just one more tip - Krazy Glue the TV's connector in place, then come back in a few minutes and try to unscrew the coax cable.

Leaf Fan
2008-11-25, 03:30 PM
Hand tight. If you force it, things like this can happen. I would try a pair of needle nose vice grips, and a 7/16" wrench (if thats the size for the connector)
Good luck