: Shaw: Basic + NHL Centre Ice only

wealthyfriends
2008-11-24, 02:38 AM
Before I call Shaw to ask I thought I would check in here. Has anyone asked or attempted to subscribe to just basic cable plus NHL Centre Ice? I may decide to mix my providers since Shaw's service is TERRIBLE (the Canucks Sportsnet HD debacle is the final straw), but TELUS does not offer Centre Ice.

ladybugblue
2008-11-24, 10:39 AM
I don't think that is possible since the NHL Center Ice channels are on digital cable.

Therefore, you will need a digital box at the very least and I am pretty sure there is a minimum number of channel that is much more than basic cable.

wealthyfriends
2008-11-24, 12:23 PM
My post was not very clear, and I thought about this... I do have an HD box so there is no reason why they could not charge me the rate of basic cable plus the service fee or whatever it is for the HD box, which is $34.94. Right now that's what I'm paying for, plus the HD channels.

Mixar69
2008-11-24, 01:52 PM
You can get the HD plus package added to basic cable even though you would be getting stations that are on the tiered line-up. I tried that when I was going to degrade my package down for the time I was in college but decided to stay with full cable.

BTW Yes you can add NHL Center Ice. You can add any extra service it doesn't matter if your a basic or a full cable subscriber. The only thing that's bad is that you won't get the discounted price you'll have to pay the $219.95 I think it is for the season. Then later on if its the same as last year you will be able to order the playoff special for $49.99 like I did last season.

Shaw Guru
2008-11-24, 02:19 PM
As stated Basic cable + DCT + NHL CI is definitely doable.
If you do not already subscribe to NHL CI you may want to wait a month and get the 1/2 season package though as it might be a bit cheaper. You will not receive any HD TSN, or HD SPortsnet games though unless you subscribe to the HD Plus or HD Sports package.